Break

Sports were the only thing Kel had left. Sports and Aubrey. So he was either playing sports, sleeping, or hanging out with Aubrey.

"KEL!" His teammate shouted at him from across the court.

Kel caught the basketball, and effortlessly jumped to slam it in the hoop, a perfect shot. Unfortunately, his descent was not as graceful.

As he landed, his leg crumpled underneath him, a sharp pain present on impact. Tears came to his eyes, but it was nothing compared to how he cried himself to sleep in the seconds he was not constantly busy to forget about the death of his brother. 

His friend helped him get home, and his mother took him to hospital to get an x-ray. He had a broken leg, meaning he couldn't play sports.

One of the two things he had left.

He started crying again.

Why was their friend group so destined for disaster?

He called Aubrey to invite her over to his house, and she picked up after a couple of seconds.

"Aubs... can you come over? My leg just broke, which means I can't do sports anymore... I have nothing left but you..." He said, his face wet from how constantly he'd been crying, his tone sad and broken.

"Kellll... I'm with Kim right nowww... sorryyyy." Aubrey told him, then turned herself to mute, probably to say something to Kim. "You can come over if you wanna. This shit is fucking goodddd!"

He felt a wave of panic run through him. She sounded more relaxed than normal, less aware. Was she drunk?

"What is good?" He asked, his heart racing.

She giggled, "You're so innocenttttt... Kim's over at my place, she stole her brother's meds and brought them over and we're having some fucking funnnnn!" 

"Oh god... Aubs... I'm coming over right now!" Kel said, before going as fast as he could to get to his friend's house before something bad happened.

(309 words)

(5 more parts left!)