Pizza Rolls and late nights

Maggie lived in a cramped, one bedroom apartment, with the front door opening right into the living area. The kitchen and dining area made an 'L -shape' with the living room. There was a half-wall sectioning of a small area that looked like it led to the master bedroom. The washer and dry cut out was wide open next to the bedroom and the entire place was filled with random lamps and trinkets, posters and art on the walls. Avery looked around with a small laugh.

"This place is fantastic! But I really hope the bookshelf is going in your room because there is no space for it out here," there were already shelves and tables all along the space filled with books and knick-knacks.

"It is," Maggie said with a laugh as she locked the door behind them. "Follow me," Avery put the box down in the entryway. "It's gonna go in tha' empty space there."

Maggie's room was something out of a Ghibli movie. The bedspread on her queen-sized bed was a black matte with flowers and lace pattern. There were floating bookshelves and the corners had fake vines hanging from the ceiling that dangled down. There were more books and collectables. There was an empty space next to the window near the headboard that she pointed to.

"If we shift your dresser a bit and wiggle it right, we could probably fit it there," Avery nodded.

"Good because-" she walked over to her walk-in closet, "my funko pops are getting out of hand," a few fell out when she opened it. Avery let out a laugh.

"You've got quite the collection of things. I like it," Avery said as she looked around. She noticed shoved in the corner next to her bed were a few canvases and an easel that had a thick layer of dust on it. "Maybe once we're done with the shelf you could show me some of those funko things," she wanted to ask to see the paintings, but didn't want to pry that far yet.

"I have a lot so prepare yourself," Maggie said as she walked back out. "First do you want anything for lunch? I have pizza rolls?" Avery beamed.

"Fuck yeah, pizza rolls!" She fist pumped. "I am always down for pizza rolls," Maggie turned on the oven and upended the bag on a baking sheet.

"So first things first. Do we want to build it here? Or in the room?" She asked, looking at the box. Avery looked around thoughtfully.

"Probably out here, but we need to move the coffee table a bit so we have some space to lay everything out. What do you think?" She looked back at the shorter woman. She was nodding in agreement looking at the living room.

"I think tha'll work. Are you alright if I change into some shorts right quick?"

"Yeah, go for it! I'm just gonna start getting everything moved around," she stood up straighter and stretched. "Any specific place you'd like me to move the coffee table?" She disappeared behind the half wall.

"In the doorway is fine, I'm no' expectin' anyone," she gently shouted from the room. Avery picked up the small table and moved it before dragging the box to the middle of the room, opening it up and looking through the instructions. Pretty straightforward. She could have this together pretty quick. Maggie came back out in really short-shorts and a small tool box. "I have a rubber mallet in here and that screwdriver that twists both ways," she opened it up on the couch.

"Perfect, all we need other than that is an Allen wrench and it gives us one," she started pulling all of the pieces out. Maggie went to load up the pizza rolls in the oven and came back to start to help sort the pieces. "All we gotta do is hold these up then attach the shelves between them. Do you wanna hold or do you wanna screw?" Avery asked, looking at her while holding onto the metal frame pieces.

"I'll hold," she said as she leaned over to grab where Avery was. Avery grabbed one of the shelves and used it to space the frame.

"Perfect, hold these right here and I'll have the rest slapped on in a second," she grabbed some of the screws and the screwdriver, getting to work. She tried not to focus too hard on Maggie, who looked way too good, and focused intently on each screw instead. Avery hyper fixated, making small talk here and there, but the pizza rolls were done about halfway through building it. Maggie came back with a plate and some ranch on the side for dipping.