Tammy: Chapter Twenty Four

TAMMY

'So how are you guys?' Dad asked breaking the silence in the car. Dante just kissed his teeth and looked out the window. He'd never quite gotten along with dad and I wasn't sure why, there was always just a lot of tension between them so I don't know what mum was trying to acheive by sending us to stay with him.

'I try to speak to you all and you don't reply?' He said and shook his head.

'Why haven't you called us over the past year? All of a sudden you want us to come and spend time with you when you haven't made time for us?' Taylor said and he didn't reply.

'You know Taylor's right dad, you haven't even bothered to ask how Janay is-' I said.

'I'm still getting used to it-'

'Used to what?! I had a baby and you don't care!'

'Of course I care Tammy, I care more than you think-'

'Yeah, he's lying Tammy.' Dante said and dad sighed. For the rest of the journey it was completely silent, we got out of the car once we got to dad's house and Michelle, his wife, was standing at the door with Natasha, her daughter. I thought Michelle was okay but as expected Dante didn't say a word. They both hugged Taylor and I and Dante went straight in the house.

'Erm, I don't understand why he doesn't like us?' Michelle asked and Taylor and I exchanged glances and then went in the house. I sat next to Dante on the sofa and looked at him; he looked troubled. I knew something was going on with Rochelle and it was big, he was in a bad mood and taking it out on dad.

'Dante, I'm here you know.'

'I know.'

'So tell me what's wrong?' He shook his head.

'Just like when you told me you were pregnant init.' I raised my eyebrow, why was he being such a bitch.

'Alright, calm down Dante I'm really trying to be there for you.'

'I don't want to fucking speak about it, I don't want to be in this shit hole either. I'm going home.' My face dropped.

'We just got here Dante!'

'I don't care Tammy, I hate him and he knows that so I don't know why the fuck mum would send us here like he actually wanted us.'

'He does-'

'STOP DEFENDING HIM! He's not a good dad and we both know that. I taught myself how to man up, he didn't teach me. As soon as him and mum divorced he saw it as a free ticket away from us 3.'

'That's not true-'

'Their divorce messed us all up, I got stabbed, you had a baby at 17 and Taylor's a whore.'

'You don't mean that-'

'It's true. I'm going upstairs.' He stood up and left the room, I didn't understand what had happened between him and Rochelle but whatever it was it must of been serious because he was acting so strange. I got up and went up to my room where Taylor was on the phone, after 10 minutes she came off the phone and gave me a small smile. I loved my sister to bits but I still couldn't forget what she'd done, it seemed like things couldn't get worse in our family and then they did. I know for a fact my mum's disappointed in us all and we all made mistakes but nothing can change that now.

'What's wrong Tam? Missing Janay?' I nodded, I looked at my phone screen wondering whether or not I should call Adrian and I decided to leave it for a little and stop pestering him.

'Why did you leave Janay with Adrian and not Ryan?'

'That's none of your business Taylor-'

'It is. She's my neice and I hate Adrian.' I rolled my eyes, everyone hated him yet none of them knew him as well as I did. If they did know him well then I'd understand but the truth is, they didn't.