Chapter Six

"Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, OHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!"

I may be a ballerina dancer but that didn't mean I didn't know how to swing my hips and dance like every other hormonal, sex crazed, teen my age. I laughed and grabbed Leo's hand as he spun me around. The people at Steve's bar clapped to a steady heavy beat as I danced in the center of the room.

They cleared out the chairs and pushed tables up against the wall for me so that I could dance. The music was blasting and it had the kind of rhythm that made you want to strip to your birth day suit and whirl around like you were having the time of your life.

Leo spun me around and as my shirt rose, exposing mid rift, he wrapped his arm around my waist and we danced together. I laughed. My hair flew around me as we stomped backward and forward in a ball change. I didn't know he could dance that well.

It was hot.

"Look!"

The music simmered down and I adjusted my tank top. I laughed and ran my fingers through my hair and Leo winked at me as a waiter passed by with colorful cups on a tray. He grabbed two and handed one to me.

"I didn't know you could dance," i chugged down a few gulps and regretted it immediately. I forgot Steve used the strong rum. My face scrunched up. "should've smelled it first."

Leo chuckled and his dark brown eyes sparkled as he took a small sip. "I have a few moves."

I smirked. "More than a few."

"Maybe you'll see more one day." He winked and turned to walk away.

MY jaw dropped as I tried not to squeal and that feeling of your throat closing let me know I was ready to melt in my place. Damn that bastard he knew how to flirt.

Steve picked up the volume on the TV and pointed. "They're choosing the selected today."

I slid onto the stool next to Aunt Diane and she looked at me. Her lips parted and she inhaled but then she shook her head and decided not to say anything. I chuckled.

"What?"

She blew air through her lips. "You're just like your mother." she muttered.

I made a face. My mother was a saint. Like, the poster board girl for abstinence and and goody two shoes. I could never imagine her being as untamed as I was. In some ways I imagined I inherited that from my father. The years and illness wore him down but in his younger years he was handsome, and always the life of the party.

I could've honestly cared less about watching Princy Boy picking 35 girls from a bowl. The idea was sexist and demeaning to women. So I'm going to sumbit a form for a bunch of snooty royals and stuck advisers to judge, to then possibly get chosen and shipped to a palace. On top of that I become the palace's personal dress up doll and just one of the Prince's 35 girlfriends he could use whenever he wanted to make a booty call?

Nah.

I'm good.

They started calling a bunch of girls. Some girl from Allens with blonde hair and blue eyes with a weird name. Jules Auburn. Then a girl from Angeles that looked kind of eerie looking but then again with a name like Carita you had to be weird. A girl named something Ault from Atlin and a girl named Mable from Baffin. The girl from Bankston was kind of pageant princess-y looking and her name Pearla.

Uck.

I got bored watching and quite frankly didn't care who they called for Belcourt. I called Steve over and told him to make me a Pina Colada while Leo snuck glances at me and I winked at him.

"Milada Lorenz, from Belcourt!"

"Hmm?"

I had a straw in my mouth and turned to Aunt Diane, for some reason, thinking she called me. I turned to see the TV and the glass slipped from my hands.

"WHAT."

There on the TV was the picture of me from my photo shoot with Carmen, my name, age, and province.

I didn't understand, I hadn't even bothered putting in a form. I didn't want to compete anyway. Although one thing was for sure.

I'd been selected.