Chapter Eight

I needed to participate in the Selection. I had to actually try which pissed me off more than anything else. According to the rules you can leave of your own accord but if I left on the first day Aunt Diane would never forgive me. So I promised her 6 weeks. If I wasn't happy, still, I'd leave.

Which also meant I'd be living in Hell for 6 shitty weeks.

Which was also why I was devising a plan. I was going to give that palace Hell and get my sorry ass kicked out on the first day. The faster I got kicked out the better. I already talked to Carmen and as much as it destroyed me, I had to give up my spot in the tour starting next week. I'd already be in the palace by them.

I looked around my bedroom and absolutely nothing was left except for furniture. Everything was packed up in boxes doing to Aunt Diane's place, which she decided to rent permanently like a tenant, or in suitcases I'd be taking to the palace with me.

I held the picture frame with a picture of my mother and I in my hands and shut the door behind me. I hopped down the stairs as quickly as I could and two heads of platinum blonde hair and a pair of baby blue eyes were waiting for me.

"You're going to the palace?" I ruffled Isaiah's hair as I passed him.

"You're going to marry the Prince?" Malcolm made a puking face and I punched his shoulder a little harder than I should've.

Oh well.

Dad was waiting at the front door and he didn't look so well. The years of smoking was causing rapid deterioration of his body and every time I saw him I was tempted to say "Karma's a Bitch" because it came right around to bite him in the ass for what he did to mom.

But he was still my dad and damn my good-naturedness because I still cared about him and didn't want him to die. More for my own selfish reasons so I didn't have to be called an orphan and you know...

Other reasons like he's my dad.

He reached out for me and I let him pull me into an embrace. Dad always smelled like peppermint mixed with soap and I took in his scent. I felt like I was saying goodbye forever, because that was what it felt like. He kissed my forehead.

"I love you sweetheart. Be careful."

Ow, man.

"I love you too," I said because I meant it. "I'll be fine."

My dad may have done some real asshole things but he was still my dad. I knew he loved me and he always tried his best with me. He was just screwed up.

"If that Prince tries getting his way with you kick him right in the balls."

I laughed abruptly. "Dad please." I winked. "I cut things, not kick them."

Dominique was standing there and her blonde hair was in a ponytail. I looked at her a raised an eyebrow.

"You're going to wish you had been nicer to me." I picked up my suitcase. "Remember that when I'm queen and I'm ruling your sorry ass."

I sashayed away like it was no one's business. They didn't need to know I hated the Selection. This was my last chance to get her to be afraid of me and I did one Hell of a job.

-

-

-

Milada is bae.

Don't forget to follow @theilleanfanfics on IG!

XOXO Lilly