Chapter Twenty One

If you mess with my sleep you. Will. Die.

So when Rona was shaking me awake at 4 am I wanted to slit her throat.

"Wake up!" She said shaking my.

I groaned and sat up. "What is it, Rona!"

An evil half smirked showed up on her face. "You got Prince Charming throwing pebbles at your window."

I flew out of my bed, getting tangled up in the sheets. "What?"

Rona nodded. "I couldn't sleep with all his noise!"

I threw open the balcony doors and stepped outside into the warm spring night. I dodged a flying pebble and flung my head over the edge.

Cal smiled smugly. "It took you long enough."

"What the Hell Cal!" I whispered fiercely. "I'm sleeping! It's 4 am!"

"Go put one of those pretty dresses on!" He called up, quietly. "And be quick!"

I smiled.

***

I didn't put any makeup on but instead did one of my quick and pretty ballerina braids. I threw on a long royal blue floor lengthened gown with an illusion top and a flowy skirt. Cal jumped off his horse first and extended his arms. He grabbed me from the waist as I jumped down and I looked around. Trees surrounded us on a quiet hill and the sky was still filled with stars.

"Why are we here?" I asked him as he tied to horse to a near by tree.

He ran his fingers through his hair. "This isn't a date!"

I put my hands on my hips.

"I just figured I'd give you an excuse to wear a pretty dress. I figured it would keep you quiet."

"Why a hill though?" I looked around. "There's nothing here."

Cal walked up to me with a smile that said he knew something I didn't. He extended his hand and I took it. We walked further up the hill until we reached the top. And then...

I understood.

I nearly stumbled back. "Whoa."

Cal grinned. "Nice, huh?"

In the distance I watched the world curve and the sun slowly began to rise. It was like watching paint spill, the sky went from almost black, to a deep blue, then green, then yellow. The sun's raise were starting to stretch over the horizon like arms and it drenched Illea in golden sunrise.

Most of the time, I don't care about Illea. I really just want to be a dancer and get out of this freaking country as fast as I can and travel the world. But I never took the time to really acknowledge how beautiful my country really was. Sunrise was so beautiful in Illea. It made me proud to be an Illean. I kind of made my heart swell.

"I come here to clear my mind." Cal sat down and I moved to sit next to him. "Ever since I was a little boy. No one knows about this place."

I meant to scoff but it sounded more like a laugh. "I'm flattered Princy."

"You should be."

I looked at him and he was smiling. I punched his shoulder and he laughed.

"Let me get one thing straight Princy," I told him as he laughed. "I'm the funny one in this relationship. Not you."

"Alright."

Cal sat there admiring the view and I felt something squeeze my heart. I realized that he was kind of growing on me. I reached over and took his hand. He held it tighter than I imagined but it felt safe and secure.