7➖。[pet store]

[unedited]

"Can we visit Fuyu at the pet store?" Kota had done an effective job stealing your entire coffee, gulping down the last bit of straight caramel at the bottom

Ew. Not the pet store. Anything but the pet store.

It's a great place when there wasn't two crotch goblins parading around with you—then you're stuck with the 'can we please get one?' Or the 'I swear I'll take care of a boa constrictor if you get me one!'

Hell nah.

"He's working" you answer quick, making a sharp turn around the corner as if whipping around the car would rattle the idea out of their heads.

"But I wanna see him!" he slumps down against the back, laying down in your seats like you saying no was just such a horrible thing to do. well that's too damn bad.

"I wanna see the animals" Miyo seems to agree with his little brother. This kid hated just about anything that breathes any other day yet suddenly he wanted to go to the pet shop? This is some bull.

"Aren't you a bit too old for that?" That was a bullshit answer but there were other reasons you didn't wanna simply pop up at Chifuyu's job with two kids that were bound to touch something they weren't supposed to. Or talk to people they weren't supposed to. To do stuff they weren't supposed to do in general really.

"Now why are you acting like you don't be going there on a regular" Unfortunately for you, there was no fooling Miyo into leaving you alone about it

"Ugh" this was a migraine waiting to happen and you knew it "ya'll kids always like to put somebody on blast" you mutter "and for what?"

"Pet store pet store pet store pet store pet store pet store—" the art of persistence. If there's anything these kids have learned it's that if they push hard enough they can do anything they want.

"I don't even know if he's working his shift right now" you tell them

"Yeah but if he isn't then we'll get to see the animals" Miyo's reasoning backs you into a corner "it's still I win either way"

"Fine" you relent when Kota starts huffing and puffing at the window "I'm not getting you anything though"

You grudgingly turn the car around, two hyper kids putting their grubby hands on your windows "aye! This is a rental! Imma make ya'll clean these windows if you stain em"

"No thank you!" Miyo slumps down in his seat

"You better tell your brother to get off my windows cause if he stains em then you're helping him clean it"

"Kota! I'm gonna tell mom that you're the one who broke the window last week"

"Oh damn" you cover your mouth cause you were pretty sure you weren't supposed to hear that

"No!" He flops in his seat and stays there for the rest of the car ride "I didn't even break it!"

"Don't lie" and they're officially arguing with each other, screeching over one another as you slowly turn the radio up. There's no way you were gonna voluntarily listen to this bullshit.

"I didn't though!!" Aaaaaand here they go again.

You pick up your phone as the two thrash like fish out of water "hey fuyu"

"No I'm not free" jokes on him, that wasn't what you were going to ask him

"You aren't at work today are you?" You tap your nail on your phone case

"Nope, you need something?"

Your phone buzzes.

"fuck."