11➖。[reunion]

[unedited]

𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐄┃

11:36 p.m

"So why are we at the store?" You and Chifuyu made it a point to hover over Baji's shoulders, carefully spectating everything he did.

He fixed a careless grip on a pack of tea, glancing between the label and the list typed out on his phone "I literally don't know how to pronounce any of this shit" he threw it in the cart nonetheless. The more he grabbed, the more you started to think this wasn't his grocery list.

"That said chamomile" you read the label for him

"Like the lizard?" Chifuyu climbed the side of the shopping cart, settling in between a jug of milk and a bag of sugar

"That's a chameleon, idiot" Baji corrects him, gently turning over a

You'd never say Baji did anything gently, but it's clear that he knew how to treat the products at the store with caution. back when you were still in high school the two of you had to scrape up money to pay for shit he broke. And it wasn't even his fault, sometimes he'd just be standing beside something fragile and it'd just break.

The thought brings a smile to your face but you're quick to flatten it.

"I thought you were stupid"

"I'm not stupid" he reaches over your head, grabbing another box of tea bags off the shelf "just hate words" he tips the box your way "I'm kinda good at math though"

"I remember, your mom put you at that math tutoring place that one summer" you remember him complaining about it on the phone he had snuck into class, getting hit in the head with a ruler mid-call.

"Now I'm crazy good at addition and subtraction" that could be an impressive skill, it just depends on what sort of numbers he's talking about. "Like I can subtract and add those big ass numbers—the millions and shit"

"Nothing else..?" Chifuyu was clearly unimpressed

"Eh" he shrugs "average" the three of you stroll round an isle, practically hogging the entire walkway as you find your way towards the freezer isle? Baji doesn't seem to have any problem wheeling Chifuyu around with all those groceries, pushing him forward then catching up to the cart like this was just an everyday activity.

"I think you're average cause you're too lazy for it" you say

"It's the 20th century" He stops at a tempting box of toaster strudels, eyes going straight towards them "I'll just use a damn calculator" he practically rips the freezer door open, grabbing a box and chucking it into the cart

"What'll you do if every calculator's gone?" You ask

"I'll use a phone calculator duh"

"What if there's some sorta apocalypse or something, and you have no cell service" once again you raise a question, curious to know the solution he had planned

He's silent for a second, pretending that he's busy studying the label on a frozen pizza box when it's quite literally upside down. He looked so serious yet so idiotic.

"You know Baji's gonna be the first one taken out just cause" Chifuyu throws his head back off the side of the cart, golden tufts of hair falling before his face as he strums a finger along the bandaid that covered the bridge of his nose.

"Right, he'd die first" there's no need for a calculator if you're dead

"So we just gonna forget the fact that Y/N can't cross the damn road?" Baji seems to have snapped out of his upside down label reading skit, looking over at the two of you like you've lost your mind. Sure, you could hardly make it across the street but you were rich.