Prologue: White Lily Cookie' Success(?)

Ever since the days of the academy, White Lily Cookie and Pure Vanilla Cookie wanted nothing more than to make their own Cookie. At long last, they had succeeded...but at what cost? Yet against her parents' deep-rooted fears, Meringue Cookie grows up. Nonetheless, all her experiences are but a premise to a much darker future...

"This book is titled 'The Ultimate Cookie Recipes.' It might contain recipes for sweet, unbreakable, perfect Cookies,"

"You won't find that in our textbooks..."

"Let's see...Chapter One, Paragraph One: The Dough. Add egg yolk, sugar, and stir..."

...

"I got the Cookie Cutter from the laboratory! Somehow, I feel a deep connection with this item,"

"Made of solid metal...it's hard to believe that something so cold and cruel might be related to the mystery of the Cookie's genesis,"

"I thought that it was love and warmth that brought Cookies into the world..."

" Hmph...the academy never intended to teach us the truth. Pure Vanilla Cookie, it's within our power to shed light on the mystery of our birth!"

"I agree! Let's keep reading the recipe book and carry on with our experiments!"

...

"There you are, White Lily Cookie!"

"It's been a while..."

"What are those papers...?"

"You didn't come for such a long time, so I went on researching alone. I've come to the conclusion that we failed our last experiment because we didn't thoroughly analyze the Cookie anatomy. But now I k now. I know what Cookies are made of,"

"But...White Lily Cookie?

"What's wrong? You don't sound like yourself,"

"Never mind...only I can help you create the perfect Cookie..."

...

"Many days have passed, yet I'm still unable to create the perfect Cookie. This entire line of research is...a failure,"

"White Lily Cookie, don't you see? It's impossible for Cookies to create other Cookies!"

"The only thing we've managed to create so far is...just dough,"

"What?"

"Underbaked dough, burnt dough, shapeless dough...the problem is not in the baking process,"

"What are you saying?"

"Do you see the first headmaster's portrait over there? Wise, brilliant...the first headmaster taught the Cookies how to use magic. What if we added a fraction of our own souls into the dough we created?"

"...I can't believe...White Lily Cookie, listen to yourself!"

"I know it sounds crazy, but it might work! Think about it: Cookies were created to live and be happy, all together! Shouldn't that be the same premise that brings a Cookie to life?"

"Is that really what you think? I mean, no one really knows WHY Cookies were created. But I certainly know it can't be to create more,"

"...What are you saying?"

"I'm not so sure about this anymore, White Lily Cookie...but if you truly are, then all I can leave you with is this,"

"...You're giving me a piece of your soulstone? But why? You're going to be here for the rest of our experiments...aren't you?"