Chapter 1: Resurrection

"Hm...that's a moonstone. We're talking Dark Moon Magic here, folks-it's a forbidden school of magic that draws its power from the dark side of the moon!"

"Oh, no! Poor White Lily Cookie! She's trapped inside the moonstone!"

"What about that gold seal wrapped around it? It's shaped like a Cookie...but it's got flowers for eyes!?"

There were voices outside, the first in years. The little Cookie didn't know how long she was asleep, but she did know that she woke up to darkness. The darkness was the only thing familiar to her, as if it had been with her all her life...but this time, there was more than just darkness.

"Other Cookies?" she thought. "I haven't heard from other Cookies in...I don't even know when."

"Nobody's beyond forgiveness, okay? We'll break this seal, smash this moonstone, and you'll be free!"

"What? Moonstone? Seal? What are they talking about?"

There was a dull thud outside as someone gave the moonstone a thwack, followed by the crackle of electrical magic. "OW! That hurt!" the shrill voice of a female Cookie yelped in pain.

"The seal appears to be stopping us from destroying the moonstone..." a male Cookie with a inquisitive tone muttered. "We need to break it first."

"But how?" a second, shyer female Cookie asked. "It just shocked Chili Pepper Cookie. It might do the same to us."

"Ooh, let me try!" a younger male Cookie declared. "As king of the Vanilla Kingdom, it is my duty to help all Cookies in need!"

"Wait, Custard Cookie!" a bold, brave voice warned. "Don't touch-!" There was a pause, then a tiny *clink* was heard as the seal fell to the floor. "...it?"

The little Cookie's world began to brighten. Then, there was a loud crack as the moonstone broke, then shattered. Her body, after ages of being still, loosened and broke free. But, instead of reaching the ground, a shockwave of power knocked her to the side, and the bright light she saw before became red.

"Look!" the child's voice exclaimed. "The seal turned into another Cookie!"

"No..." there was a new voice; a gravelly voice rigid with shock. "It...cannot be...Meringue Cookie?!"

"Ah, the kingdom's precious little princess..." a cold, cruel voice was heard. "Finally back after all these years...of keeping me IMPRISIONED! Such a past filled with disgrace and failure must not only be dismissed...it must be OBLITERATED,"

"No...Dark Enchantress Cookie, you can't! It was Pure Vanilla Cookie who sealed you both here, not her!"

"Hm...a point well made. How can I kill such an innocent being acting as my cage against her own will? I suppose...yes. On those grounds, she will be spared. Don't you agree...Dark Choco Cookie?"

"I..."

"Ah. Your limitations are so crystal clear to me now. Defeated by the likes of these...pitiful, powerless GNATS? You are still weakened by this Cookie from your past! However, as promised, I can grant you the strength you so desperately seek. Will you obey?"

"...I will obey."

"Dark Enchantress Cookie! What did you do to Pure Vanilla Cookie and the Vanilla Kingdom?! I-I know that you can bring him back!"

"Ah, Pure Vanilla Cookie...unfortunately, he will not be returning...EVER. His poor, frail soul sleeps deep within the darkest void. And now...would you like to hear more wonderful news? You too shall remain trapped here...for ALL eternity!

The little Cookie was barely conscious for any of it, but through the ringing, she could hear the faint sounds of a battle going on, one that seemed to last ages. Every time she tried to move, her muscles proved too weak to do so.