Chapter 6: Recollection

"Wizard Cookie and I aren't exactly besties, but we're fair friends, considering our mutual understanding of science and information," Alchemist Cookie was droning on as she led Meringue Cookie and Cotton Cookie up the stairs of the tower. "The moment he gets back, he's always sitting up in this dusty tower, scribbling about our latest adventures and storing his point of view in memory crystals. Although it's not limited to JUST his exploration experience. The Cookies in Sugar Hollow have their fair share of adventure right here in the kingdom too!"

"I don't get it..." Cotton Cookie shook her head. "If your memories aren't stored here yet, why come up here at all?"

"My memories aren't stored HERE..." Meringue Cookie explained. "But GingerBrave and his friends have been all over the world. Maybe they came across something from my past. Using what I've remembered so far, if I can put two and two together, I'll know where to look!"

"But what if it what you're looking for ends up being so far away?" Cotton Cookie reminded her. "How are you going to get there?"

Before Meringue Cookie could answer, she heard the jingling of the keys and the click of the lock. Alchemist Cookie swung the door open, letting the other two inside. "Here we are, the Tower of Records! Now, in order to provide accurate results, I'm going to need some pointers, little Cookie. What exactly do you recall?"

Meringue Cookie thought hard. "Well...I remember hearing the voices of my parents as a baby...living in a grand kingdom...having a friend who stood up for me when Cookies wouldn't treat me right, and...a bullying incident that led to terrible disaster."

Her voice wavered at that last bit. However, Alchemist Cookie had no pity to give towards it. "...Details? What kingdom? What friend? What disaster?"

"I-I don't know!" Meringue Cookie shook her head. "I'm sorry, but that's all I've got! I've never seen their faces, never saw what the kingdom around me looked like! I've only ever heard it..."

"Well, unfortunately, us Cookies need BOTH our hearing and sight to properly recall a memory! I'm sorry, but I don't think I can be only any help."

Meringue Cookie's heart dropped. The one lead she had...and it couldn't be chased, all because of her blindness. She was sure she would've broken down on the spot if the cheeping of a blueberry bird hadn't distracted her.

"Hm? What's this?" Alchemist Cookie took whatever the bird was holding and opened it, her eyes lighting up. "Ah! It's from Wizard Cookie! This tome contains their newest adventure through the lost Vanilla KINGDOM!"

"I remember that..." Meringue Cookie recalled the short time she traveled with them. "We went up to this castle in the sky and-"

"Perfect! The kingdom may be the perfect place to start!" Alchemist Cookie squealed. "If we're lucky, it could be your kingdom of origin!"

"Let's hope..." Cotton Cookie made sure she wasn't too excited. "There's one chance in four that it could be the kingdom you're looking for."

Alchemist Cookie clambered up a ladder with the tome in toe. "Now, let's see...World Exploration...row 8, shelf 22...ah!"

Alchemist Cookie pulled a book off the shelf. "This was the time they visited the Hall of Enlightenment. They were looking into the memory crystals of a Cookie they befriended a while back, White Lily Cookie. But she mentioned something about memory crystals of the Vanilla Kingdom's history being stored there too...could be what you're looking for, Meringue Cookie."

"It's EXACTLY what I'm looking for," Meringue Cookie said. "This is my only lead...I HAVE to find out what happened."

"Sounds good to me," Cotton Cookie supposed. "But how are you going to get there?"