eight.

"THIS COULD BE US,
BUT YOU'RE PLAYING"

06/20/21-

I WAS FEELING a lot better today. so, i was currently sitting in the dugout with astrid, who was here to watch bertram but didn't wanna admit it. avery was also here, she was of course here for benny.

As benny played, avery cheered, yelled and clapped for him like a proud mom. i guess she wanted to be a "cheerleader" for him but it didn't really come off that way.

all the boys came jogging over to the dugout and taking seats at the table with astrid and i.

avery gave benny a hug and a kiss to which he seemed annoyed of and walked over toward the table to get a drink.

she skipped over towards us with a big smile and stood by her boyfriends side.

"you did so good baby!" she said with a squeal and he just gave her a head nod continuing to chug down his soda.

i looked over at astrid with an annoyed look and she returned a face of disgust.

benny took a seat next to me, avery sat on the other side of him.

i nudged him with my elbow and he turned to look at me, "who's the new kid?" i kinda whispered because i didn't want him to hear and get uncomfortable.

"that's scotty smalls, but we call him smalls. he just moved here not too long ago. he's cool, if you came around here more often you'd know." he told me with a small laugh.

i turned to astrid but she was having a conversation with bertram that i didn't wanna interrupt.

i felt my phone buzz from in my pocket so i pulled it out to check it. it was a new instagram follower.

!ISA.RAMIREZ STARTED FOLLOWING YOU!

i clicked on his profile and seen that benny and natalie both followed him. i didn't bother to follow him back though, i didn't know him. i'm not gonna lie he wasn't bad looking.

i shut off my phone and put it back into my pocket.

suddenly everyone started groaning and got up, i looked over to see jordan and his 'gang' or whatever they are.

i decided to follow along with everyone else and got up to approach them.

i noticed that jordans eyes first scanned all the girls who were here right now, gross.

"you still with that loser avery? when are you gonna come to me? i'm a real baseball player." jordan said to avery.

"shut the hell up jordan, you only have a spot because your dads the coach. humble yourself." i said standing up for benny.

i could see avery rolling her eyes at me saying that.

"woah.. benny, i didn't know you were dating camila now too? i thought she was just your girl best friend."