ten.

"CAUSE WERE
FALLIN' APART"

06/25/21-

ITS BEEN TWO days since the party had happened. i haven't talked to benny at all, he hasn't talked to me in person or even texted or called. nothing.

astrid was sitting next with me on her floor since we were painting our nails. it was just us two since kayla and cameron we're currently on vacation for a week.

me and astrid were talking about everything that came to the top of our heads.

we've already talked about school, people, what we wanna do during summer and random people's drama we knew even though it wasn't our business.

"can you hand me the white?" astrid said pointing to the nail polish next to me.

"of course," i said grabbing the bottle and handing it to her.

"fade into you" by mazzy stars was playing on her record player, quietly but just loud enough so we could still hear it.

"so, have you talked to benny since the party?" she asked me still focused on her nails.

"sadly, no." i sighed.

"man, he needs to grow up and realize his girlfriend is just a little bitch." she said with a laugh.

"yeah," i let out a chuckle "but i highly doubt he'd break up with her."

"true, mans is whipped."

i giggled at her choice of wording, "you've been hanging around bertram a lot, i can tell."

she looked up at me with a confused look.

"you're starting to talk like him"

she giggled, "nuh uh."

"sure ash" i closed up the light pink nail polish.

"you act like you don't talk and act like benny" she said closing the white nail polish.

"ugh, don't even bring him up." i blew on my nails trying to dry them off.

"you need to try to talk to him at some point cami." astrid formed a straight line with her lips.

"i know, but i don't think he will answer me."

"then go-"

"i am not talking to him in person or going to his house. nice try through."

"okay well, at least try to text him? i'm sure he will answer you." she said examining her nails.

"ughh, okay fine." i gave in.  

"yay!!" she said patting my knee then standing up, "wanna get something to eat?"

"duhh"

"well cmon!" she said running out of her room, so i stood up and ran after her.