Actions Have Consequences

"Listen..." Brian whispered as we ducked behind a tree stomp. In the distance two majors stood walking through a grass clearing. They had a conversation going on about tactics and skills. All the info we needed to predict and sucessfully beat their asses.

"Corner them" I whispered back. He moved his hand and the ground around them lifted forming a wall around them.

"I said corner them, not surround them!" what part of corner did he not understand.

"Jeez sorry..." he made the wall crumble down and surrounded them waist deep in soil. "Now what?"

"We fight them?" he raised his eyebrows amused at my suggestion.

"Without a plan? That's so amateur of you, thought you be better than-" ice formed around him covering his face. I spun around, how could they have seen us so far out? A womanly figure was standing about three feet from me

She had long dark hair with pale skin. Don't you realize who it is moron? Wait a second; "Fabiola?" I asked breathless. "What are you doing? You're hurting him!"

"And you're not doing anything about it? That's new from you" she mocked. I could feel the blood draining from my face, she wasn't going to do anything; I had to act. I approached Brian and put my hands on the ice surrounding him, it took about five seconds for the ice around his face to melt.

"Brian, can you hear me? Wake up!" he groaned and opened his eyes slightly. "Thank god" his hair was wet from the ice I melted and his lips were blue from the cold.

"Now that your little boyfriend is safe, can we resume this?" in her had she had an ice stake prepared to be thrown.

"What's wrong with you? You were fine this morning."

"You're stupider than you seem Paige Brook. I am just one person in an army." She was smiling mischievously.

"An army of what?" I asked; she chuckled in return. Suddenly the ground started to rumble, it seemed to be sucking Fabiola in like quicksand. Brian. I turned to see him with his eyes closed and his fore head slightly cringed, concentrated. What would I do without him?

"Let me go!" she struggled to free herself from the makeshift trap. She extended her hand in an attempt to freeze Brian and me. I quickly extended my own hand and imagined her skin getting scorched. She screamed in agony.

"Ahh! Paige what are you doing? It's me, we've known each other our entire lives. Don't do this, were friends!" she screamed, and for a second I could see the Fabiola I had known my entire life. But that look in her eyes quickly faded; she was another person, there's nothing I could do about it.

"See? That's where you're wrong, we may have known each other our entire lives. But we are not friends" I moved my hand and flames started consuming her.

"Stop! What are you doing?! Paige, stop, you're going to kill her!" Brian shouted in an attempt to stop me.

"She tried to kill you!" I answered through gritted teeth.

"You need to stop! Now!" he tried pulling me from behind; his hand sizzled as it came in contact with my skin.

"Leave me alone!" I screamed as the flames grew bigger; suddenly I realized that the flames had consumed her entirely; Fabiola was gone. I had killed her, but how? Our species couldn't kill, it was a rule we were bound to commit to. Whether we wanted or not.

"What have you done?" he asked barely a whisper.

"I didn't mean to... it was an accident. How..." nothing could describe the feelings I felt in this moment. Anger, regret, disbelief, nothing could describe it. Brian looked at me horrified.

"How could you? We can't kill, we simply can't. How?" he asked desperately.

"I don't know. I just don't. Please don't take this subject any further. I'm just as shaken up as you are." I said breathless. What was wrong with her? She had no reason to act that way, it was as if she was possessed by something. Never less, how was I going to explain this to the others?