Seven.

Grace took in a breath in attempt to steady the beat of her heart. She'd ran into a nearby classroom, and began pacing. She wouldn't die like this. She refused to let the alpha be the death of her. She seriously considered calling her dad but with Derek's body outside, not to mention the pubescent teenage werewolf in there with her, ultimately she couldn't bring herself to do it.

"Grace!" She heard Stiles call from outside of the room she'd scurried into. She was on the brink of some kind of panic attack, and couldn't seem to calm herself down. The two appeared in the room, noticing that, for the very first time, it didn't look like Grace knew what to do. She was still pacing up and down, muttering something to herself as she went. "Grace?" Stiles spoke again, and she looked up at him, stopping in her tracks. "You okay?"

"Mm-hm." She nodded. "I'm just weighing up my options to see what's gonna result in less casualties. And if my assumptions are correct, the one person that has to die-"

"No." Stiles said, cutting her off. "It's not happening."

"If I go out there, he's distracted."

"What's going on?" Scott asked, more than lost.

"There's no way I'm gonna let you sacrifice yourself for us, alright. So... we'll just have to think of something else."

"Hang on, is the alpha is looking for you?"

"I need to mask my scent, do either of you have any... I dont know, deodorant, or perfume?"

"I do." Scott said. "In my locker."

"Great." She nodded. "Let's go." Before any of them could even move, a car battery came flying through the window.

"My jeep." Stiles whined.

"If we can get to my car, we can get out of here. But we have to move fast." A sudden howl rattled through the floor. "Really fast."

-----

With very little options, they found the room with the least windows. The locker room. But that too was evidently unsafe. Footsteps were echoing closer and closer by the minute, so they did the only thing they could do. They climbed into the lockers, and Grace put a hand on her mouth to stop any accidental noises escaping her mouth. However, the locker door was thrown open, and she came face to face with the janitor.

"What the hell are you doing?!" He yelled.

"Uhh, I don't-" She was cut off by Scott and Stiles bursting out of their hiding spots.

"Out! All of you!" As soon as they were out of the door, he was dragged backwards, screaming. Grace ran for the nearest door, but found it had been blocked off from outside.

"No, no, no." She panicked, nervously running her hands through her hair. "He's locking me in."

"Grace, just relax." Scott said.

"Don't tell me to relax!" She snapped. "He's not just here for me, he's here for you too! And thanks to us, Stiles might as well be dead, don't you get that! So do not tell me to relax!"

"Okay. Okay, I'm sorry." He breathed. "But... you're the hunter, and you have no idea."

"Oh no, I have an idea. Get out of here. But, unfortunately, the doors are blocked from outside!" Grace took a breath, shutting her eyes for a moment.

"Can you guys hear that?" Scott asked suddenly. "Someone's phone is ringing."

"What does it sound like?"

"Like Allisons." Grace sighed.

"Fuck!" She whipped out her phone, dialing her sister phone. She paced back and forth, releasing a sigh when she picked up.