Nine.

Grace had been grounded, forbidden from leaving the house. So she took this time to get some training in. She'd been appointed a designated trainer, a guy from her fathers hunting party. However, she hadn't been expecting a visitor. He'd knocked, but after getting no answer and finding the door was open, Stiles decided to just go in. He went through the house, calling Grace's name. The closer her got to the garage, the more he could make out voices.

"Tap out. Tap out, and I'll let go."

"Never!" A grunt came.

"I could do this all day." After a moment, Stiles decided to poke his head through the door, astonished to see Grace had somehow managed to pin down a guy almost twice her size.

"Alright, alright!" The guy groaned, banging down his fist three times, and she let him up. "Damn, girl, you're lethal."

"Yeah, thanks, Greggory, that makes me feel great." She huffed.

"Uh... Grace-" In a matter of seconds, Greggory had drawn his weapon, and likely would've fired if Grace hadn't jumped in the way.

"Whoa! Relax, he's an ally, alright?" She said.

"Miss Argent, your father said-"

"He can only be mad if he find out... right, Greggory?" He sighed, shaking his head.

"Yes, Miss Argent."

"Dismissed." He sighed, leaving the room.

"That guy is like a slave to you." Stiles spoke, and Grace cracked a smile.

"Yeah, well... he took a different oath to the one I took, so he doesn't really have a choice."

"You took an oath?" She nodded. "What is it?"

"Nous chassons ceux qui nous chassent."

"Which means what?"

"We hunt those that hunt us."

"Wow... and you know French too?"

"Fluently."

"You just keep getting better, don't you?"

"Did you want something, or were you just looking for a reason to complement me?"

"Oh! No, I actually do need something from you."

"Anything."

-----

"Grace." Scott whined, approaching her by her locker. "I need to talk to you."

"Make it quick. I'm late for class." She answered.

"Jackson threatened me." He said. "He told me that he wants the bite, or he's gonna tell you and Allison about me. He said he's gonna ruin every chance I have with Allison, because he'll get their first, and both of you will be falling for him."

"First off, Allison is smart, she can take care of herself, but I could still talk with her. Second of all, there's no way I'd ever fall for someone as self involved as, I'm sorry, Jackson. And third, I can throw him off the trail, but you gotta stay away from him."

-----

That afternoon, Grace had arranged to meet Stiles to see if they could find out who'd sent Allison that text that night, and why they'd sent it. She went straight over after school. Once his dad had let her in and let her know he wasn't home yet, she waltzed straight into his room, dropping her bag and collapsing onto his bed.

"Hey, Derek." She said, almost immediately pulling out her phone. "Hiding out, are we?"

"Shut up." He said.