Eight.

The next morning, Chris and Kate Argent were determined to drop Grace and Allison off at school. As Grace went to get out of the car, her father locked the doors.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"I wanted to talk to you, Grace. And I think it's important I do this in front of Allison." He started, and Grace shifted in her seat. "Grace... I want you to stay away from Scott and Stiles."

"What?" She breathed. "Dad, you can't be serious."

"I'm dead serious, Grace." He said, meeting her eyes through the mirror. "Spend time with your other friends."

"I don't have other friends."

"What's the rule, Gracie?" Grace growled a little, trying to door again.

"Let me out of this car." She demanded through gritted teeth. "Open this door. Now!"

"Grace, baby, calm down." Kate said softly.

"Open the door, or I'll smash the window." There was a momentary silence, before she threw open the door, storming inside.

"Kitty-" Allison said, catching up to her.

"He did that for you, y'know. And now, thanks to you, I don't have anyone. You have Lydia, and I have what? You want me to make friends with Harris?" Grace sassed. However, her eyes flickered behind Allison for a second, seeing Scott and Stiles, Stiles frantically waving at her. "Just... stay out of my way, alright." She said, walking the other way.

-----

Just to make her day worse, Grace had to sit through a test. She reluctantly followed her father's orders, and sat in the empty seat near the front, while Scott and Stiles were further at the back. She could hear someone calling her name, but kept her eyes forwards.

"Begin." Harris said, and she looked down at her paper. To her surprise, she was actually finding it pretty easy. Suddenly, she felt something him the back of her head. When she turned to get a look at it, there was a paper ball on the floor. She pursed her lips, knowing exactly where it came from. Moments later, she felt it again. However, this time, as she turned her head, it hit her in the face. She stuck up her hand. "What's the matter?"

"May I move seats. Preferably to the other side of the room." She said.

"There's no available seats."

"I'd be happy to swap seats with her." Jackson spoke, raising his hand. Harris nodded, putting up no further argument. She picked up all of her stuff, and thanked Jackson on her way across the room. A few minutes had passed, when Scott shot up and out of the room. Not a second after, Stiles followed him.

"Miss Argent." Grace looked up. "I'm assuming you're next."

"I'm sorry, I was under the impression I was still seated."

-----

All day, Grace had been ducking into the ladies toilets, pretending she was talking to someone, making out like she couldn't hear them when they called out to her. When it came to the end of the day, she needed to go down the hallway they were both stood in, waiting for lacrosse practice, or she wouldn't be able to leave.

"Grace!" Stiles called, and she ditched the idea completely, turning to walk away. She could hear quickly advancing footsteps and then a hand grabbed her arm.

"Grace, what are you doing?" Scott asked.

"Can we not do this here, Scott." She took his hand, pulling him into Coaches office and shutting the door behind them.