𝟙- The arrival of forest boy

Chapter 1
-The arrival of forest boy-

"Rotxo!!" I screamed chasing after my idiotic brother. "Come on give it back" I said I knew me saying this wouldn't make him return what was mine. "Go catch your own fish Rotxo". He turned around his stupid face grinning mischievously, in result making my anger boil even more. "Now what fun would that be" he briefly said before bursting out in a laughing fit. I stared in his direction my face most likely showing off my emotions. I was pissed. My stance changed as I prepared myself to tackle him but before I could Tsireya walked from behind me and asked Rotxo to hand it to her, to which with no surprise he did. "You always ruin the fun Tsireya" Rotxo said a glum look replacing his once laughing expression.

Tsireya turned around to face me not looking so pleased. Why do I always get the brunt of things, I said to myself knowing exactly what she was about to say.Just before she started speaking I noticed Rotxo taking his leave walking past me whilst sticking out his tongue.Not paying attention to my sister concluded in a fish being thrown at my face. I looked at Tsireya before picking up my fish that was now covered is golden specks of sand.
"Why do you behave this way Räya?" Tsireya asked dissatisfaction evident on her face.I give her no response. She sighs. "Go grab your ilu and meet me in our spot we can talk where there is less distractions" she said I gave her a slight nod she smiled and took her leave. Tsireya and I have a very complicated relationship although she is my sister and I love her to galaxies and back, due to our status of being the clan leader's daughters we have to be seen a good role models for the rest of the clan. This means we have to behave a certain way neither of us should be seen "goofing" around so to say, we have been taught since we could talk to be perfect leaving no room for error. Tsireya knows that I struggle allot with all the pressure, she is also aware of my feelings towards our two idiotic brothers of course just like my sister I love them but on the other hand they are given more slack than me and my sister are just because they are boys. Absolutely stupid.

Whilst I was stuck with my thoughts I managed to make it over the ilu area and collected myself a saddle and any other necessary items I would need. I called out to my ilu using my voice.She showed up almost instantly, her energy showing as she swims around communicating that she is happy to see me. My ilu is called Coral. Original I know however the name just fits her, her fin and tail are a peachy red colour the rest of her body being covered in a swirl like pattern consisting of a few light pinks and yellow and if you look hard enough you can see a tinge of green. I placed the saddle securely onto Coral checking the straps ensuring that no accidents could occur due to faulty equipment. "You ready for a swim?" I asked happily trying to meet Coral's excitement. She does a little spin, I take that as a yes and without any hesitation I dive into the water with perfect form. I start swimming looking back slightly seeing coral appear underneath me I latch myself onto the saddle and connect the end of my braid to her. It takes us about 5 minutes to reach the place where Tsireya told me to meet her. I sat and waited for another minute until I saw her approaching on her ilu. "Took you long enough" I say adding an eye roll which I know she noticed. "Don't be like that"she paused before continuing "come on lets hunt some more fish, after all the one you caught earlier ended up covered in sand" she snickered. I myself couldn't help but smile remembering my earlier catch. "Race ya!" I shouted leaving no time for her to catch up, "cheater!" I heard her shout just before my head got engulfed under the water.

Me and Tsireya ended up catching 5 fish in total, her catching one more than me of course whats the surprise there. I was in the middle of complaining to her about how she scared away most of my targets when I caught the sight of 4 Banshee's flying towards our clan. I looked to Tsireya seeing her gaze focused on the forest animals, "Tsireya should we go?" I questioned not used to having visitors I was unaware of what to do. "Yes, we need to be able to introduce ourselves along with our parents and brothers" she replied. I immediately followed behind Tsireya on the way back to the beach

I noticed from under the water that all eyes were on the strange new visitors. Not long after my sister gracefully exited the water I followed behind her. Compared to her I look like a fish trying to breath out of water. My exit wasn't as perfect as Tsireya's my hair was all over the place covering my eyes, I made an attempt to move it however it just continued to fall in-front of my eyes I huffed getting impatient. Forgetting about the newcomers I heard a slight snicker I lifted my head up and looked to my left my eyes immediately locking with the most beautiful yellow eyes I have seen, I once again tried straightening my hair out more frantically this time. "Räya!" I heard the familiar voice of my sister she gave me a stern look as though to say get over here. I nodded and speed walked taking my place next to her in time for my father to say "this is Räya my second daughter" I turned to look back at the strangers with a timid smile, upon being closer to them I noticed how their skin tone was different to ours it was more... dark blue. There was a man and women along with 2 young girls one of them being significantly younger and then the 2 boys. My eyes always lingering on one of them in particular. My curiosity got cut off with the voice of my father. "It is nice to see you again Jake Sully, what brings you to the reef?" My father questioned. The one that was called Jake started speaking implying that he needed refuge for him and his family away from the war currently happening back where they came from. He then began to introduce his children. "This is Tukirey we call her Tuk for short she is my youngest then there is Kiri my second daughter and then my two son's my oldest Neteyam and Lo'ak". They all wave hello and greet the clan leader with respect. My mother and father begin to think over the choice of letting them stay with us, after reasoning amongst themselves they declared that the Jake sully guy and his family were allowed to stay and should be treated like one of us. Me and my sister was given the responsibility of teaching the 2 boys our ways.I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited about talking to the new people.
In particular that one eye catching forest boy.

————————-
Word count:1,236
I hope you enjoyed the first chapter!

Within the next chapter we will see more interaction between Lo'ak and Räya so stay tuned!