𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

CHAPTER THREE:

LAENA VELARYON'S FUNERAL

The Lady Laena Velaryon had died

Seeming to almost take notice of the demeanor around everyone at the funeral, the sun decided to take it's place behind the clouds as the ocean waves crashed amongst the cold rocks near the shore, the wind blowing by in the air and in everyone's hair. There was a silence other than the sounds of nature at Laena Velaryon's funeral.

The Lady Laena had gone into labor with her third child and when she was able to figure out that she wasn't gonna live, despite all the pain, she had gone out to seek her dragon and said the one word many dragons couldn't refuse. Dracarys. The largest dragon in all the realms, the dragon that belonged to Laena, had hesitance in it's eyes before it had done what she begged and Laena Velaryon was burnt alive, killing herself and the babe inside of her in the process.

Within the crowd near the tomb casket, Y/n felt her mother's hands rubbing along her shoulders and arms as she stood in front of her, hands clasped together respectfully, her white locks blowing around from the wind as she kept her violet eyes downwards and towards the ground. No one said a word as they wrapped the rope around the casket, the young princess watching while they did so.

She had never been to a funeral before. Just a few feet away from her and the royal family, Prince Daemon Targaryen didn't seem to hold any emotion at the death of his wife, something he was always good at keeping in, as he stared straight ahead where his niece stood right across from him, completely ignoring the burning gaze of Ser Vaemond Velaryon right beside him.

Glancing at him, Y/n held a frown as she glanced at the two girls just near her, both girls seeming to be just a bit older than her, maybe Aemond's age. Baela and Rhaena Targaryen, the daughters of Daemon Targaryen and Laena Velaryon. Her frown deepened at the thought of what they were going through, losing their mother without saying goodbye. Feeling a pair of eyes on, she glances in the direction to meet Jacaerys dark gaze.

It had been a couple days since they saw one another, considering he had left Kings Landing with his family to Dragonstone without really saying a word to the royal family since Rhaenyra had decided she wanted to leave so abruptly to escape all the rumors. Even if it was only a few days, they missed one another like crazy.

"We join today at the Seat of the Sea to commit the Lady Laena of House Velaryon to the eternal waters, the dominion of the Merling King where He will guard her for all the days to come. As she sets to sea for her final voyage, the Lady Laena leaves two true-born daughters on the shore. Though their mother will not return from her voyage, they will all remain bound together in blood. Salt courses through Velaryon blood. Ours runs thick. Ours runs true. And ours must never thin." Vaemond announces in High Valyrian, some eyes glancing to Rhaenyra and her children.