𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘯

CHAPTER TEN:

SENDING MESSAGES

A day had passed since Queen Rhaenyra had been crowned queen, and the sun found itself high up in the somewhat blue sky as it shined down on the seven kingdoms within the realm

A day had passed since Queen Rhaenyra had been crowned queen, and the sun found itself high up in the somewhat blue sky as it shined down on the seven kingdoms within the realm. Like usual, Dragonstone had the guards and handmaidens walking through the halls of the tall castle as they did they jobs they were assigned to do for the day. The meeting room was full of people like it had been the day before, the men standing all around the table discussing of what they could do and what houses they could have on their side to fight against the Greens.

At one of the end of the tables, Y/n could be seen nervously playing with her nails as she stood beside her betrothed while she listened to the others speak to one another. Noticing how quiet she was being as she nervously picked at her nails, Jacaerys turned to his betroth and gently grabbed her hands, pressing a kiss to her knuckles. The sound of Ser Erryk's voice announcing two people entering the room had the talking coming to a stop, everyone watching as Rhaenys and her husband, Lord Corlys Velaryon, entering the room with their granddaughters trailing behind them.

"My lords." Corlys greets the men.

Rhaenyra gives him a nod. "Lord Corlys. It brings much relief to see you hale and healthy again."

"I'm very sorry about your father, Princess. He was a good man." Corlys tells her while Baela and Rhaena move to stand with Y/n, Jacaerys and Lucerys. "Where is Daemon?"

"There were other concerns which demanded the prince's attention." Rhaenyra replies.

Corlys hums, limping to the table to get a better look. "Your declared allies?"

Rhaenyra nods. "Yes."

"Too few to win a war for the throne." Corlys comments.

"Well, we would also hope to have the support of Houses Arryn, Baratheon, and Stark." Rhaenyra informs.

"Hope is the fool's ally." Corlys states.

Rhaenyra purses her lips. "Both Arryn and Baratheon share blood with my house. But all of them swore oaths to me."

"As did House Hightower, if I remember." Corlys recalls.

"As did you, Lord Corlys." Rhaenyra fires back, tilting her head.

"Your father's realm..." Corlys begins, glancing around at the people in the room. "...was one of justice and honor. Our houses are bound by common blood and common cause. This Hightower treason cannot stand. You have the full support of our fleet and house. Your Grace."

This had the queen's eyes widening as she hadn't been sure if he would be on her side or not just when the man bowed his head to her. Rhaenyra heard herself thanking him, glancing over her shoulder at Rhaenys and thanking her with a nod as she smiled slightly before clearing her throat, turning serious again.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄, 𝗃𝖺𝖼𝖺𝖾𝗋𝗒𝗌 𝗏𝖾𝗅𝖺𝗋𝗒𝗈𝗇 🎉