𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳

CHAPTER FOUR:

FIGHT BETWEEN FAMILY

The night sky was up as the moonlight shined down on the many civilians in Driftmark, many people in one out of the many kingdoms in the realm sleeping soundly in their beds, having no idea what had happened between the children from Kings Landing...

The night sky was up as the moonlight shined down on the many civilians in Driftmark, many people in one out of the many kingdoms in the realm sleeping soundly in their beds, having no idea what had happened between the children from Kings Landing and that Vhagar now had a new rider after she was forced to burn her last one alive. Y/n found herself standing beside her eldest brother and sister, Helaena and Aegon, while she watched the maester attend to Aemond's eye.

Her father sat in a seat with the guards standing around while just a few feet away, Jacaerys had his arms wrapped around his little brother while Baela and Rhaena stood just near them, blood on their faces. Helaena had an arm wrapped around her little sister's shoulders, the blood still on the youngest princess' face while she stood in her spot. Alicent was crouched in the chair that Aemond sat in, concern having been written on her face for her two youngest children, especially Aemond once she had seen his eye that was now sewn up by the maester.

"How could you allow such a thing to happen?" Viserys asks. "I will have answers."

"The princes and princess were supposed to be abed, My King." Ser Harrold tells him.

"Who had the watch?" Viserys questions.

"Young prince was attacked by his own cousins, Your Grace." Ser Criston states.

Viserys rises to his feet, jaw clenched in anger. "You swore oaths to protect and defend my blood!"

"The Kingsguard has never had to defend princes from princes, Your Grace." Criston reminds.

"That is no answer!" Viserys shouts.

"It will heal, will it not, maester?" Alicent asks.

The maester sighs. "The flesh will heal. But the eye is lost, Your Grace."

His words had the queen gasping in shock and devastation, realizing that her youngest son will now forever only have one eye with a large scar to always remind him of what happened, silently blaming Rhaenyra's children.

Rising up from her crouched position, Alicent's teary eyed gaze casts to her youngest daughter, who still had blood on her face like the other children, before she looked to her eldest child, her gaze turning into an angry one as she marched right over to him, causing Aegon's gaze to snap to his mother.

"Where were you?" Alicent snarls in question.

"Me?" Aegon mumbles in confusion, getting a harsh slap against his cheek from his mother. "What was that for?"

"That was nothing compared to the abuse your brother suffered while you were drowning in your cups, you fool." Alicent grunts out.

A loud slamming of a door opening up echoed throughout the room, followed by Lord Corlys Velaryon's deep voice demanding to know what happened while him and his wife rushed down. Princess Rhaenys held a concerned expression as she pulled her granddaughters into her arms. Another door opening had everyone looking to the sound to see Rhaenyra rushing inside with Daemon trailing behind her.