𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

CHAPTER EIGHT:

LEAVING KINGS LANDING

The sun was slowly beginning to shine down on the many people in Kings Landing, the chirping of the birds adding to the many other sounds that echoed throughout the large and well known kingdom for the time being

The sun was slowly beginning to shine down on the many people in Kings Landing, the chirping of the birds adding to the many other sounds that echoed throughout the large and well known kingdom for the time being. Smoke could be seen floating up into the bright blue sky, showing that the cooks in the village were already preparing their food for the people on the streets to buy with as much coins as they had. The occasional wind was blowing by like usual, causing the ocean waves to hit the sandy beaches and the rocks all around on the cliffs of the large kingdom where the royal family lived.

The heavy footsteps of the guards could be heard all around as they did their usual jobs, the handmaidens starting up their chores in the early morning. Inside of her chambers, Y/n could be seen brushing the slight knots that were in her white haired locks while she already had her dress on for the day. It had been a day since the incident in the dining hall, and it was early in the morning for the many civilians in Red Keep. The princess was humming a song her mother would always sing to her when she was younger as she finished brushing her long white hair when a knock on her door could be heard.

Stopping the humming, the Targaryen princess curiously looks at her chambers door, calling out for them to come in while she places the brush down on her nightstand. The door opens, showing that the person had heard her, and Jacaerys was slowly stepping inside before closing the door behind him. Y/n smiles at the sight of him, walking over while Jacaerys was admiring her as she moved towards him. When she stopped in front of him, he gently takes her hand in his.

"You look beautiful." Jacaerys tells her.

Y/n smiles, nervously glancing down. "Thank you. Is there any reason you are here? Quiet early in the morrow?"

"My family are going back to Dragonstone. We are leaving soon." Jacaerys informs, receiving a small 'oh'. "I wanted to ask you if you will come with me."

"What?" Y/n mumbles in surprise.

"I know it is a lot to ask, but I cannot be away from you again." Jacaerys admits, reaching his hands up and cupping her cheeks to make her look at him. "I am asking you to come not just as my betroth, but as the love of my life."

At the sudden news of this, Y/n's eyes widened as she murmured another small 'what'. Pursing his lips and deciding to just do it, Jacaerys wasted no time and leaned forward to crash his lips right onto hers. At first shocked, Y/n kissed back while she gently grabbed his wrists as his hands still held her face, bringing one arm to wrap around her waist and pulling her body flush against his own. Their lips moved in sync in a passionate kiss before they slowly pulled away and rested their foreheads against one another's.

"I love you. I'm in love with you. I've loved you ever since we were children. You are different from the others, and I love that about you." Jacaerys whispers.