𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘹

CHAPTER SIX:

A MEETING BETWEEN HOUSES

A day had gone by since half of the Targaryen family had came back to Kings Landing after living in Dragonstone for six years and away from the other kingdom and many in the kingdom knew about their arrival now

A day had gone by since half of the Targaryen family had came back to Kings Landing after living in Dragonstone for six years and away from the other kingdom and many in the kingdom knew about their arrival now. Like usual, the usual bright yellow sun found itself hiding behind the clouds at the moment, the same spot it had been in the day before when the family had arrived.

The sounds of many hushed voices could be heard in the throne room of Red Keep as different people from the council and their own houses stood together while they waited for it to start. The throne made of swords could be seen at the front of the room, right across from the the doors at the other end.

Standing with her family, Y/n could be seen nervously playing with her fingernails as she was looking down at her hands while she stood beside her older sister, Helaena Targaryen, with her eldest brother, Aegon II Targaryen, on her other side. Aemond stood a bit behind his siblings, hands crossed behind his back as he noticed one of his nephews continuously glancing in his family's direction.

More specifically, in his youngest sister's direction. Standing beside his mother, Jacaerys had his hands clasped behind his back as he took another glance to Y/n while Otto Hightower looked around at the crowd as he stood right in front of the throne.

"Though it is the great hope of this court that Lord Corlys Velaryon survive his wounds, we gather here with the grim task of dealing with the succession of Driftmark. As Hand, I speak with the King's voice on this and all other matters." Otto announces, placing himself down onto the throne. "The crown will now hear the petitions. Ser Vaemond of House Velaryon."

From her spot in between her siblings, Y/n takes notice that Lucerys took a glance towards the said man as they watched Ser Vaemond Velaryon walk out from his spot until he was in front of everyone, but not before the ser had taken a glance towards the boy that his brother wanted to be heir of Driftmark.

"My Queen. My Lord Hand." Vaemond begins. "The history of our noble houses extends beyond the Seven Kingdoms to the days of Old Valyria. For as long as House Targaryen has ruled the skies, House Velaryon has ruled the seas. When the Doom fell on Valyria, our houses became the last of their kind. Our forbearers came to this new land, knowing that were they to fail, it would mean the end to their bloodlines and their name. I have spent my entire life on Driftmark defending my brother's seat. I am Lord Corlys' closest kin, his own blood. The true, unimpeachable blood of House Velaryon runs through my veins."

"As it does in my sons, the offspring of Laenor Velaryon." Rhaenyra Targaryen speaks up, causing everyone to look at her. "If you cared so much about your house's blood, Ser Vaemond, you would not be so bold as to supplant it's rightful heir. No, you only speak for yourself and for your own ambition."