𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

CHAPTER SEVEN:

AN UNEXPECTED BETROTHAL

The sun was slowly beginning to set in Kings Landing, the civilians of the large and well known kingdom being seen walking around, their loud chattering voices echoing all throughout the village

The sun was slowly beginning to set in Kings Landing, the civilians of the large and well known kingdom being seen walking around, their loud chattering voices echoing all throughout the village. The chirping of the birds added to the many other sounds of the people and the nature as many of the animals were ready to head to sleep for the night before they'd come out early in the morning to wake up the royal family and the many other living things in the kingdom. Like usual, Red Keep stood tall and proud as guards and servants were walking around, doing their jobs for the day.

The garden was beautiful as it usually was, the flowers bright and pretty like they always had been. The occasional wind was blowing by, the weather still not the best after the rainstorm they had the night before. The sun wasn't bright after beginning to go down. With her hands clasped together, Y/n found herself walking along side Jacaerys, their arms practically touching with how close they were walking together. After wanting to just see each other without anyone in the way, the two teenagers were finally able to do so before they'd have to join their family for dinner later on in the evening.

"So your mother suspects my letters?" Jacaerys asks, recalling what she had just told him.

Y/n nods, sighing. "She questioned me the day before your arrival. She's been keeping tab on the letters I've received."

"What did you tell her?" Jacaerys questions.

"I said they were from Baela." Y/n replies, receiving a hum. "I couldn't tell her the truth. You know how she thinks."

The brunette only frowns a bit, nodding as they come to a stop at the tree in the garden, both facing one another. Looking down, Jacaerys gently reached out and took her hands in his, holding them tightly. Y/n's violet eyes stared at him, feeling him intertwine his fingers with hers as he slowly looked up to meet her beautiful eyes. Seeing a strand of her white hair dangling near her eye, he brings a hand up to tuck it behind her ear.

"You're more beautiful than I remembered." Jacaerys whispers, entranced by her.

Y/n gulps nervously, looking down at her feet. "Well, I've grown."

"Indeed you have." Jacaerys agrees.

He moves his hand away from where he tucked her hair, using it to cup her chin as he moves her gaze to look back up at him. Neither of them say anything as they stared into each other's eyes, finding themselves leaning forward. However, before their lips could even meet, a voice calling out to them had the two looking over and breaking apart. Lucerys were jogging to his brother and the princess he always thought of a big sister to him, a small smile on his face.

Y/n couldn't help but smile at the sight of him, though she silently wished that he had came a bit later. As she took a glance at Jacaerys, his expression was a lot different than hers. The eldest child of Rhaenyra Targaryen had his jaw clenched as he glared at his little brother for ruining the moment. Lucerys didn't seem to notice, however, excitedly grabbing Y/n's hand and bringing her somewhere else. Keeping in an irritated sigh, Jacaerys follows after them, getting memories from when they were younger and Lucerys would always but into their time together.