𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

CHAPTER NINE:

QUEEN RHAENYRA TARGARYEN

Rhaenyra birthed her first daughter

A daughter she had lost within seconds.

The demeanor was full of devastation as everyone stayed silent. It seemed as if the sun could sense how everyone was feeling as it hid behind the clouds, not bothering to shine down on the people in Dragonstone. The wind was blowing around, causing the ocean waves to crash along the rocks all around the land and wet the sand that created the beaches just beneath the tall castle in the small kingdom. The crackling of the fire could be heard as the lifeless babe of Rhaenyra Targaryen and Daemon Targaryen laid inside with her parents standing right there, staring at her.

Just below the married couple, many people stood around in silence as they grieved over the loss of the new princess. Guards stood around, hands resting on the handle of their weapons as they kept their postures straight and eyes forward. Standing with her betroth and nephews, Y/n felt Joffrey's small arms wrapping around her legs as he hugged her tightly while she was gently rubbed his shoulder. A frown laid on her face as she stared at her sister and uncle's figures up at the very front. The sound of footsteps had many people looking over, seeing a guard walking up.

The two guards that stood the closest to Daemon and Rhaenyra unsheathed their swords as they aimed them at the guard. However, the guard was quick to assure he meant no harm before taking his helmet off to show his face, revealing himself to be Ser Erryk Cargyll. He took a couple of steps forward when the other guards sheathed their weapons, dropping onto one knee before digging into the bag he had by his side. Just as Rhaenyra was turning around to face him, he held up the familiar crown that had once belonged to King Viserys I Targaryen.

"I swear to ward the Queen with all my strength and give my blood for hers." Ser Erryk announces, letting Daemon take the crown. "I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall guard her secrets, obey her commands, ride at her side, and defend her name and honor."

As he had been speaking out, Daemon had found himself glancing around at the people standing just below them to see they were all looking up at him. When he turned to face his wife, he saw that she was already staring right at him. Rhaenyra stayed in her spot when her husband walked over to her, now holding the gold crown with two hands before he was holding it up towards her head and placing it on. The crown fit perfectly, almost as if it were made just for her and her only.

Daemon had been the first to drop down onto one knee, bowing before his queen as he mumbled those exact words to her. The guards and others followed in suit, bowing their heads just like their bodies. Y/n found herself sharing a glance with Jacaerys before them, Lucerys and Joffrey knelt down. The youngest of the three brothers grabbed Y/n's hand, holding her bigger one in his as him and his brothers stared up at their mother. Y/n felt a smile twitch on her lips as she looked up at her sister. It didn't take long till everyone was bowing, showing their loyalty to her honor and name.