𝟎𝟕 | 𝘼𝙜𝙤𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙩 |

𝐀𝐠𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐭 (𝐧.) 𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫

I looked down at where I sat, next to a tall willow tree. It swayed with every passing gentle gust of wind. The wind caused small strands of my hair to fly all around me. It felt peaceful here, serene. A peace I longed for.

I got up and looked around, everywhere my eyes met was just a beautiful landscape.

It felt easy to breathe here.

Suddenly... my eyes met a figure standing far from where I was. I couldn't see his face but he stood tall. His lovely colored blonde hair blew in the breeze.

I couldn't see him yet his ambiance called to me.

I tried to move closer, to try and get his attention. He was farther away but I dragged my feet as far as I could. That's when I noticed, I hadn't moved an inch. The willow tree remained as close as it was already. I began to get irritated.

I called out to the tall figure ahead of me, yelling all I could. Yet he remained still.

Suddenly, as if my screams were working he slowly turned, his hand that remained at his side, opened and quickly closed into a tight fist.

The beautiful landscape that surrounded me began to die, and wither. A fire spread quickly all around. I turned at the sudden thud. The willow tree had fallen, split in half the trunk still attached to the wilting ground.

Anger coiled inside me, this place I found peace in, beauty in. Had been destroyed. All that remained were dead reminders of what once lived.

I closed my hands tightly as I turned towards the figure of the man I perceived had caused this destruction.

But he was gone. All that was left behind was a simple red rose that took his place.

Where he once stood.

I walked closer to it, this time being able to move. I leaned down to pick it up, I winced as I failed to notice the thorns that adorned the rose.

A small droplet of blood fell down my finger.....

"Fuck." I rubbed my eyes, trying to adjust to the piercing light coming from my window. How long was I asleep? I reached for my phone. 11:13 AM.

I looked outside and saw a familiar car...well two familiar cars.

I quickly changed out of the white dress I was wearing, and memories of what have occurred started to resurface. I made a note to throw it out sometime. I grabbed whatever I could quickly find and headed to the bathroom. I hurriedly brushed my teeth and did whatever I could with my hair and booked it out the door.

As I ran down the stairs I bumped into someone.

"Dad?... What are you still doing here?" I asked, still dazed.

I'd imagined he would've left last night. I still wasn't familiar with the idea of him being back. I also was still processing the fact that our "family" wouldn't exist anymore.

"Why aren't you packing? The flight leaves in almost two hours. We're driving you there." He took a sip from the mug he held in his hands.

"You guys aren't coming with me?"

My head started to spin with the idea of being alone. Being alone in a place I didn't know and experiencing things I would've never considered to be real. Would I be able to do it all by myself? Yes, I was practically an adult now but I still feared the idea of it all.