𝟏𝟏 | 𝙐𝙣𝙧𝙚𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙩 |

𝐔𝐧𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭 (𝐚𝐝𝐣.) 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

"Are they beautiful?" I sat next to my father as he looked out into the distant heavenly bodies of the sky.

"To whom are you alluding, my child?" He brought his hand to move a strand of hair away from my face.

"The fallen angels." He took a breath before answering.

"They are the most delectable poison. Their seductive appeal makes it easy for them to draw innocent people in. It's difficult to resist such enticing beauty. Regardless, evil dressed in silk is still evil."

--------------------------------------------------
*Present time*

How often does one find oneself gazing at death straight in the eyes? Yet, it was clear from the start that this was exactly what I was doing. With a slight stare at each other, it seemed like a millennium had passed. I couldn't look away as much as I wanted to for several reasons, the first of which being how completely wrong I was. I was astounded that a man with such an unworldly appearance could be so angelic, and I despised myself for ever believing such a thing. I never would have expected such an alluring monster.

The second reason being, I was so unnerved I couldn't process any thought. The other two girls at his side had gotten to Cordelia, and I was the only one not there.

His expression didn't match mine, he looked at me questionably as if trying to read me. He studied me, his eyes trailing up and down, his eyebrows raised and tightly together. I knew I had to look nothing but taken back.

I'd come to regret what I was going to do later. To have descended to this point of cowardice, especially at a time when Cordelia needed my protection. I pulled my gaze away from him and rushed back inside the building's circular maze. I quickly reached the elevator door and pressed the button frantically to open it. I stepped inside and held my shaken hands tightly at my sides.

Right as the elevator doors began closing my eyes spotted a hint of short blond hair making its way to me. I pressed the button repeatedly to get them to close faster. Just as they were about to his whole self came into view, the doors closed.

I waited for the elevator to reach the underground with trepidation. When it did, I walked out and took a glance around, grateful that no warlocks were present to question me.

I had no idea what I was going to do; all I knew was that I needed to think, and all I wanted was to be alone. I walked down the hallway nearest to the elevator, I twisted every doorknob slightly, every single one to my dismay was locked. Until I spotted a door that was slightly cracked open. I stepped inside and shut the door making sure to lock it behind me.

I assumed it was a storage room of some kind. There were shelves filled to the brim with more books and beakers held in boxes all covered with a coat of accumulated dust. I ran my finger along with one of the shelves as I blew the dust off of it. I leaned against the wall and slid down until I was sitting. I hid my face between my knees, burning in the back of my throat, was a sob begging to be let out.

This is what I wanted to do, just sit here in this isolated storage room in a corner and cry and scream my heart out until I disappeared. Until this nightmare was over.

But I needed to confront reality, and truth was waiting for me out there. Cordelia needed my presence; she had brought me here to be by her side no matter what occurred. Yet here I was, cowering in a corner, as evil approached in the form with the face of a God.