𝟏𝟎 |𝘼𝙜𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙠𝙖𝙠𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙡 |

𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐤𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 (𝐚𝐝𝐣.) 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥

I sat at the center table where the instructors usually taught at. By the numerous scattered rose petals on the ground, I could tell Zoe last taught in here.

I looked down at the table. Every seat was occupied. Everyone sneaking short glances my way. I could already imagine what they were trying to come up with about me. Questioning what made me different.

Someone nudged my side.

"Where have you been?" The seat was scrapped against the floor as Harlow sat down next to me. I was sort of relieved of having at least one person who wasn't staring at me as if I were a zoo animal.

"Busy in Heaven." She stared at me blankly. Clearly not amused by my poor attempt at a joke.

"I was with my father. I was supposed to meet with Cordelia this morning, but I regret not being here now. Do you know why she called a meeting?" She shook her head.

"I was helping Zoe when she got called down to meet Cordelia in her office. When she came back, she looked surprised but at the same time, I felt like she was scared? I'm not sure." She toyed with a strand of her hair. Something she always did when she was nervous about something.

And Harlow was never nervous. I stared intently at the entrance to the room where Cordelia would walk in any moment.

I heard someone calling out my name. I look around and met eyes with the whole table.

"Michelle, right?" A girl with dark brown hair asked.

"Yes, that's right." I smiled.

"What's so special about you that Cordelia called this whole meeting because of you?"

About me? I already knew she was wrong on that. There would be no way that I'd be the cause of her calling us out here to listen to her talk.

"I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be the reason she would call a meeting for. We'll know why we're here once she arrives." I turned my attention away from them, but apparently, her questioning wasn't over.

"You didn't finish answering my question though. Why does Cordelia favor you so much out of everyone here? I mean, I haven't seen you do magic once...So I assume there isn't much to you." I could hear the rest of them agree in whispers.

I clenched my fist under the table. Digging my fingernails into my palm to keep me from giving her an example of the magic she's never seen from me. Though she'd be special enough to be the test subject.

Harlow nudged my side, before I could turn to her, I answered.

"Believe me, I am worth the same as all of you. It's stupid of you to think that Cordelia would ever pick favorites, as every one of us is important to her." I kept my eyes on the girl, but I noticed everyone turned their attention away from me.

"You're right Mitch," Cordelia walked in and sat down at the very end of the table. Besides someone unfamiliar to me, an older woman with flamboyant red hair.

"I value every person in this room the same. There isn't any hierarchy that I created. Everybody in this room has something that makes them truly special. And whatever that may be, is truly what makes every one of you extraordinary."

We all nodded in agreement at Cordelia's thoughtful words. She was different than usual. What I felt from her was always confident but always calm, there were few things Cordelia couldn't handle. But now sitting across the table, even my hand started shaking under the table from the worry I felt from her.