𝟎𝟖 | 𝘼𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙮 |

*TWO MONTHS LATER*

Who would've thought that in such a short amount of time you would be able to feel so different from the person you were not so long ago.

Time doesn't stop to wait for you to catch your breath. Time can be evil in that way. But time does what it's supposed to. It moves forward and doesn't look back. And that's exactly what I've done. I stopped wasting my valuable time twisting my brain into thinking about matters I can't control. Matters that have little importance.

I'd say, I've matured quite a lot these past months.

I'm still me though. I'm far from perfect, I can be naive and reckless. I make stupid mistakes, I still get scared beyond belief. Not only that, I still haven't learned to drive. Who can blame me though, I'm an 18-year-old girl who now has to carry the lives of every human being on her shoulders.

By far the most significant improvement I have made is gaining control of my powers. I haven't had one single outburst since the first time I met Cordelia.

Speaking of Cordelia, she is truly like no other person I've met. She's selfless, patient, and wise beyond her years. And throughout my time here at the Academy so far I've learned more from her than I would've ever imagined.

Apparently, apart from being the head of the Academy, she's also the Supreme. Zoe was kind enough to explain what a Supreme is and how everything worked and tied in together. Cordelia has what it takes to be the Supreme, which is mastering the Seven Wonders.

Keeping secrets personally isn't such an easy thing. I've always been clumsy and let things spill out of me ignorantly and gotten in trouble for it a handful of times. But when Cordelia asked me to keep what we did not so long ago a secret, I made sure never to spill. Especially to the other witches.

Cordelia had made me perform the seven wonders and I had succeeded at each one.

I had no idea what that meant, and I feared the look on Cordelia's face when I had succeeded. She wouldn't tell me what she was thinking at the time, the only thing she told me was not to tell anyone what we've done.

Since I spend most of my time practicing solely with Cordelia, I don't really get a chance to talk to the other girls. However, I've still made good friends with all of the witches in the coven. Especially a new member who arrived not so long ago. Her name is Mallory, she's been nothing but kind to me since she came to the Academy. I can feel her aura seeping with energy even more than anyone within the coven besides Cordelia which I found to be strange. Zoe told me to try not to worry about too much, some witches can be powerful than others. But Mallory felt different then everyone else.

Even though I've been here about two months already, I still get secret glances and I hear the murmurs of the rest of the witches trying to understand what makes me so special. I've heard rumors about the strange powers I possess, and why my arrival here at the Academy was so important. Zoe tells me to ignore it and Cordelia tells me not to involve myself in any of their conspiracies for it would only fuel their imagination.

I also feared the reaction I would receive if they knew the truth. Most importantly, the word cannot go out of my existence, for fear that the one person meant to destroy all of humanity might go after me. And I'd lose my purpose, I'd lose it all.

As for the other two stooges that followed me here, they've been more than well.

Harlow especially.

After I had that first meeting with Cordelia, I sat in the backseat of the taxi thinking of different ways to break it to them that we wouldn't be all together after all. I knew both of them wouldn't be precisely thrilled having to share a hotel room together from then on, the thought of that made me laugh. The two of them wouldn't be able to survive one another for more than two minutes.