𝟏𝟒 | 𝙎𝙤𝙡𝙫𝙞𝙜𝙖𝙣𝙩 |

𝐒𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐭 (𝐚𝐝𝐣.) 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞 

(TW!: mentions of blood & animal death)

The floor beneath me was damp against my skin. My fingers waved through the feeling of grass beneath my hands. I sat up quickly, covering my eyes with my arm as I looked up at the bright sun.

The enchantment appeared to have achieved its job. I wasn't in Hawthorne anymore, surrounded by the coven. When I looked around, I realized I had also traveled alone. Michael was left behind to complete the task of bringing back Misty Day.

I got up and took a look around the strange place I had found myself in. This place was significant in Michael's past somehow.

In front of me looked like a regular suburban neighborhood, similar to the one I grew up in. Though the houses here seemed to be older, mended, and held up into place with the memories and secrets hidden in the walls. I turned around cautiously as I came face to face with a tall, large house. Much older than any other house in this neighborhood.

It made me hold my breath and caused goosebumps to erupt on my skin as I glanced around it. The house did not appear to be occupied by anyone living there, as far as I could tell. A cool dead breeze swept against me as I took the first step towards the front of the house, the wind pushing my hair to the side. I noticed a faint mirage of a tall figure with honeyed colored hair draped across its shoulders. I shook my head in confusion as I closed my eyes tight and soon opened them again to check if I was simply seeing things. I stared aimlessly ahead of me. The figure was gone.

I reached the front door. I slowly lifted my closed hand and knocked against the door. The sound of my knocking echoed inside the house. I thought about knocking again but I wasn't so keen on wasting time waiting outside again. So I twisted the doorknob gently, and the door opened, much to my surprise. The thought of getting caught from breaking wasn't so important in my mind so far. It seemed as though the home was eager to welcome me inside. It was almost as though it was pushing me to uncover whatever secrets had been kept buried.

The door creaked slightly as I opened it all the way. I took the first step inside and looked around. The house from the inside matched the outside. It held the same eerie feeling but stronger, this time death felt closer. I held my arms at my sides as I strolled along the inside of the house. It was furnished and decorated, though some of the items clashed with one another. Books and old typewriters were dating back a century ago. Though there were also numerous scattered magazines around a computer. The house to me felt abandoned yet it felt as if it was definitely someone living here.

As I entered what seemed to be an office, I stopped completely at the sound of faint voices.

"You know, not everyone means harm." I turned around quickly to look behind me but there was no one there.

"It doesn't matter to me, Ben. The house hasn't even been listed for sale yet. Trespassing is what it is: trespassing. It has consequences." The irritated sound of the person's voice, which was clearly aimed at me, made my breath catch in my throat.

"Hello? I'm sorry I just walked in. I was-... I was just wondering if I could get some help finding someone." I turned quickly as I heard shuffling around me.

"See? The girl just needs help, what wrong is there in that!" The sounds of their voices were closer to me. I was glad to hear that at least one of them didn't feel anger towards me being here.

"You're right. So go help the bitch and make sure she leaves." The harshness of the second voice made me clench my fists in anger.

I gasped as an older man made his way towards me. He was kind enough to offer me a small smile. He seemed middle-aged and had dark brown hair.