𝟏𝟑 | 𝙌𝙪𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙖𝙢 |

𝐐𝐮𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐦 (𝐚𝐝𝐣.) 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭; 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫

My room's walls were too thin to keep the sounds of their voices from echoing down the hall and into my room.

Michael's hopeful victory for tomorrow was celebrated by all of the warlocks that study here at Hawthorne, as well as their headmasters. Tomorrow was the rise of the blood moon. From what I heard, they would be doing some kind of enchantment to bring him luck.

I tried to cancel out their extremely loud banter and cheering by burying my head in a pillow, though it was of no use. I was invited to attend, but there was no way in hell I was going to walk into a room full of men waiting for my hopeful loss.

I wasn't worried about the unknown expected outcome for tomorrow. Because I was certain enough that I would be able to pass all of the tests.

He would, without a doubt, would be able to do so as well.

My goal was never to become Supreme. My life's objectives were set long before I was born, and they were meticulously prepared.

Only Michael's creation was declared, documented, and placed in the Bible by prophets, whereas mine was not.

He wasn't a big red beast with seven heads that he was proclaimed to be. He was death disguised as the most heavenly man.

Although my existence was never to be awaited, never to be known, it didn't lessen my want to stop him from whatever he planned to do with the life in this world.

Although I understood who he was and what he would become, I was missing important details. I'm not sure how he landed up in Hawthorne, surrounded by warlocks and witches and things I thought were mere fantasy. I have no idea who Michael really is, and I'll never know who he was before.

Getting as close as I can to him will be my advantage to figure that out.

I picked up my phone from the nightstand near the bed. There still wasn't any reception down here. I tried calling Cordelia but of course, the call wouldn't go through. I painfully missed the two people closest to me. I haven't been able to speak to Harlow since the last time I saw her at the Academy. I knew she'd grown close to the witches there, especially Mallory, and in my mind I knew I had nothing to worry about when it came to her. She was tough and tenacious.

She was my rock, the only person I could confide in while simultaneously listening to terrible dad jokes.

On the other hand, I didn't have a single idea how Kenzo would be doing. Our friendship took a strange turn for a while. But the last time I saw him, the day after I left, he came to see me. Not just to say goodbye, but to try and make things not so weird between us again. I appreciated how much he valued our friendship.

I wasn't going to say no to him since I needed him too. It wasn't just that. It was no use to continue to ignore my heart's constant hammering whenever I was near him. Being with him made me feel...whole. Words are insufficient enough to describe how much I long for his presence in my life, but it wasn't a presence of friendship, it was something deeper than that. But I would always be too fearful to commit to those feelings. My future would different than my closest friends, I wasn't expecting to live a normal life that included any sort of love.

Love can be foolish, and it can utterly destroy a person. And that was not at all what I desired.

My mind and my heart wherein a constant battle between each other. But right now, all I wanted was for both to make peace with one another.