𝟎𝟗 | 𝘽𝙞𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙮 |

𝐛𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐲 (𝐧.) 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬

"No, do it again."

"Again? This impossible! I can't do it." I opened my eyes and pierced my gaze at him.

"You're not concentrating well enough, stop thinking about everything else and focus on what you feel. Close your eyes and focus."

It's been three hours since he brought me here. To this mysterious place in the clouds where I first met him. The sky was beautiful as ever filling the space all around me. When I looked up I could see the brightness of the sun peeking its way through the small spaces in between them.

Before I came here, I was in my room at the Academy flipping through the pages of The Bible. I have never read it, or seemingly ever touched one before.

I never would've thought to be reading it voluntarily either.

But, I thought it would be best to fill myself up on what it has to say about the past that I descended from.

And if my father truly is the Archangel who led an army to cast the forces of evil away, and banish Satan to Hell... then everything written in here has to also be true....right? I couldn't conjure a response to that question at that moment, mainly because I would break my head into pieces trying to come up with a definite answer.

I skimmed through most of it until I landed on The Book of Revelations. I ran my finger along with the page as I read out loud.

"And war broke out in heaven; Michael and his angels fought against the dragon. The dragon and his angels fought back, but they were defeated, and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. The great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the Devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world -- he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him."

I let myself fall onto the bed laying the book down beside me. I stared at the ceiling while my head swam deep with thoughts that ran along with a fear that wrapped itself around me and left goosebumps in their wake. I thought about what it would've been like to conquer such a powerful force....a force that brought such wicked evil.

I knew my father was powerful, he was a being created in a perfect image. Meant to rid the world of chaos.

What would my path entail? And who will be this monster I'll overthrow? Most importantly...would I be ready?

"You know, leaving your daughter to come up with answers is pretty annoying!" I yelled as quietly as I could at my ceiling. I knew he was listening. Every time I had a question or a sarcastic remark a gust of wind would whisper in my ear. And I'd hear his silvery voice reply back to me.

Usually with a sarcastic remark of his own.

I inhaled deeply and felt a slight breeze blow against my face.

Right on time.

"You know... a much more proper way of getting my attention is simply by asking to speak with me. Not by an irreverent remark."

I turned my head to the right and instantly smiled. He laid beside me staring up at the ceiling.

"It still does the job though. You're here now aren't you?"

"That I am," He turned towards me and greeted me with a smile of his own. The ones that made the lines of his eyes crease up a bit similar to how mine did.