First Mission

I sat there nervously waiting for the headquarters systems to figure out who robbed the bank because the first suspect was only a pawn of the criminal.

HQ: I adjusted the speed of the footage before the criminal covered it, and look who it is.

Aura: SERIOUSLY?! AARO! I mean, Devia better stop with this criminal phase!

HQ: Do you know him? with a surprised look.

Aura: I wish I hadn't. He's my classmate; we can't arrest him. Aura complained.

HQ: SO YOU'RE JUST GOING TO LET HIM GO!? Said Angrily.

Aura: I-

???: Stop teasing her.

Aura: Caleb, I got this; Don't bother.

Caleb: Why, honey?

Aura: I. Am. Not. Your. Girlfriend.

HQ began searching for a criminal record of this man, but they did not find any in the record system, which means this was his first crime.

Speaker: Aurora Miriilia, please report to the boss' office.

Aura went to the office as requested.

Aura: Yes, boss?

Boss: I have a new mission for you. You said you are classmates with the criminal; try to be friends and find out critical information to defeat him in court. To avoid attachment, avoid any type of relationship with the criminal; begin tomorrow.

Aura: "Y-yes, sir." She thought it was crazy, but she couldn't defy her boss.

Aura's face was indeed red in anger.

Aura went home and was truly exhausted!

Mom: Hey, honey! How was work at the headquarters?

After that one question, Aura burst into a speech about her mission and what she has to do.

Mom: Err, that's—that's bad? Get some rest for your mission tomorrow; it's already nighttime, honey.

I nodded and went to bed to have enough energy for the mission.

But before she slept, she wrote in her diary what happened at work.

''Dear diary, I can't believe that I have to try to be friends with someone for my mission; I am just using him! Ugh, I don't even get a raise! Welp, good night; I need rest. '' August 13.

Tomorrow at 10:27 AM

Mom: Honey! It's already 10:27 AM, and you'll be late for work! At least eat some bread!

Aura: Alright, thank you!

I was on my bike and rode faster than the speed of light to arrive at HQ.

I arrived at HQ, and it was 10:58, 2 minutes before my shift.

Aura: HQ, where is the delinquent? She asked.