Epilogue

Vikram POV

When Diya suggested that I go and have a little chat with Maaya I was a bit uncomfortable with the whole idea but with time, I started getting comfortable with that idea upon Diya's insistance. We started doing supervised visits and Maaya took a few weeks off from work to spend her time here in India with Zyra. She is planning to shift here full time in a while and making arrangements for that.

She even bought a house 2 kms away from here to stay close so that we could take the responsibility together while also have our own sweet private moments with each other. She was there with us for Zyra's birthday and halloween, while Zyra spent her thanks giving and christmas with us.

In the beginning Diya started getting a bit insecure about the fact that Zyru might not look at her the same way but Zyru is very smart, whenever she comes back from her mom's place she makes it a point to spend her time with Diya.

All together we are like a family now and it is definately a good thing to have extra set of hands for help.

Diya has completed her MBA now and has started taking care of her responsibilities at her company. She needs mine and Aunty's occassional help but she and Karan are a wonderful team and they handle the company pretty well. She even gave him couple of shares in his name to appreciate the work he did for the company and us.

I started my work with the new college and I fell in love with this college too. New begginings are wonderful when they come with suprises. A day ago I was working on grading the papers when I saw that Diya walked into the room with a lot of shyness and hesitance on her face. She came in wanting to talk but she chickened out in the last minute.

After a few minutes she came in again, and when she was ducking out I called out to her and made her sit on me taking her face in my hands making her look at me. 

Vikram: Diya, what is the matter ?

She drank the glass of water I had on my table and she drank it so quickly that she started coughing, I patted her back to comfort her and she gave me a longing glance

Me: I can tell that something is bothering you but you are hesitating, what is it ? Is it something which would make me worried

Diya : Not so much, I mean you could be worried

Me : Okay so what is it ?

Diya: You could be angry too 

Me: Diya you are getting me worried, please tell me what is it ?

She took out a pouch from her kurti pocket and gave it over to me

Diya: Take a look at this and let me know what you think

She rushed out of the room and I slowly opened the pouch. A series of pregnancy tests came back positive and a medical test report with her name on it revealed that she was pregnant. I rushed out of the studyroom to our bedroom where Diya sat on the couch looking worried. I sat beside her and observed her for a while.

Me: Diya 

Diya: Vikram 

I took her hand in mine and looked at her

Me: Diya how do you feel about this pregnancy ?

Diya: Vikram, I know we made a plan, we wanted to wait it out and stuff but this is the symbol of our love. I... if its okay with you, we should keep it

Me: Diya, are you crazy ? Ofcourse its okay with me, I mean its not only okay but its perfect with me. Diya we are going to parents, how do you feel about becoming a mom soon

Diya: Nervous ... Scared ... Happy ... Worried about Zyra 

Me: Why Diya?

Diya: We have to give extra love to her for sure because she should never feel like we are loving her less after this pregnancy , I ...

Me: Diya, what are you saying? You are perfect, you will handle everything wonderfully, yes there might be days where you would be needed to give more attention to our new born but your love for her remains the same right ? So dont worry, we will handle it. Oh and believe me Zyra would be very happy about having her own sibling.

Diya: You think so ?

Me: I know so

I carressed her cheek, and took her into a deep hug

Me: We are going to be parents Diya. I am so happy ...

Diya: Congratulations to us 

Me: Yeah ...

Later that week after our regular check up we revealed the news to Zyra, at 4 years old she took it like a champ. She started taking care of Diya's stomach, she was always carressing it, she was always draping it with a blanket, she was always kissing it. And when the ultra sound picture came in, she actually kissed and slept with it for 3 whole days.

We are so glad Zyru could be so motherly even though she is a child

Now as we both lay in the bed awaiting the birth of our kid, we discussed all the ways we would be far more better parents to our two kids Zyra and our baby

Viyan if its a boy and Kaya if its a girl (Combining both of our names)

As a father, I promise to always protect, nurture and love my kids equally while always taking care of my wife and companion who has given me so much happiness in my life.

I love you Diya 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys,

Here is the epilogue chapter I promised

So how was the chapter ?

Did you like it ?

How was the baby's names ?

How was Zyra's reaction ?

Okay, so if you want to give a message to one of the characters what would that be as its ending and all

Aunty

Diya

Vikram

Maya

Zyra

Me (The Writer) 

A Vikram's song in the media section 

Please vote and comment

Will start re editing these chapters soon

Regards,

Indu