Chapter 25

Diya POV

I sat in the car seat putting the seat belt on. He buckled up too and gave me a small smile, I smiled back too. We started our journey while he spoke on the bluetooth to our team and told them that he had convinced my family and I will be there, they were very grateful for his gesture and was looking forward for the competition in a positive light now.

We were silent for a while until I heard a call from my classmate Yash. 

Damn why is he calling now? If he starts he will continue to hog my time, but if I dont pickup it will make it more complicated for the competition.

Me : Hi Yash how are you ? (With Fake Enthusiasm)

Yash: Hi, heard you were coming so happy to hear that, now I am very happy

Me: Yash I am on the way, there is no signal here, can we talk once I reach there?

Yash: Sure but please talk me for 2 mins please

Me: Yash

Before I knew the phone was snatched away from me and Vikram cut the call. 

Why did he have to do that ? Now I have to face Yash and his annoying questioning

Me: Why did you cut the call ? That was rude 

Vikram: Are you that naive that you dont get the hint that he likes you or do you like

Me: Stop it, before you say anything stupid, stop it. 

Vikram: Look, he likes you and though everyone thinks that you are single, the fact is that you are married right?

Me: Vikram I know the reality of our situation

Vikram: I know you hate the reality but still, and if the situation prolongs it would get complicated, you dont know how guys are or you know that and yet you turn a blind eye towards it. I saw you at the cafe too, the day Zyra was not feeling well ...

Me: Was that the reason you were rude to me? You always do that, in the placeof talking it out you always say things without asking me and you make up your mind about stuff. It is so frustating

Vikram: Look, all I am saying is be careful, in the end ...

Before he completes the sentence I started punching him and he parked the car on the side

Vikram: Diya, what are you ....

Me: How dare you assume stuff haa ? Do you think I have no morals or values ??

Vikram : No Diya .... Listen

Me: No?? You think I dont respect this institution of marriage ?

I punched him until my hands were tired and started crying. I put my face in my hands and started crying.

Vikram: Diya ..

He put his hand on my shoulder to console me and I removed it in anger. He put his hand again and I removed it.

Vikram: I am sorry Diya

Me: You are always like that, you are a jerk that is the truth but then you are sweet jerk. When I think everything can sort out you again have to be a jerk, its like you are tripping everyday. That Chipkoo Yash, he does not take the hint that I dont like him, I told him many a times, he never listens. I have to tolerate him because he is my partner in the competitions, otherwise its awkward. Anyways I have decided that I will give him a nice warning once we are back, but you had to assume the worst of me. Do you hate me so much that you do this?

What did you think I have no morals, no values ?? That I would just like anyone, and that to Yash who is known as a A class flirt ?? Do you think such low of me that I would look for attention outside marraige ?

Vikram: I am not going to say sorry anymore because it would seem like I am misusing the whole word. I am a jerk to you most of the times, I have pushed you away, knowing your thoughts about the marraige because I thought you will compromise and sacrifice when you dont even feel anything for me. So, when someone acts sweet, nice and caring we tend to soak in the affection, without us knowing.

How many stories dont we hear where the people in the family abuse someone mentally or emotionally and when someone sweet coats and shows concern people tend to feel like why are we with our families when we can be with them. 

You are a fire Diya with your dreams and aspirations, you know your worth and you are honest, you are like the earth, soaking everything in and still making the world a better place with your kindness, you can be like a storm and you can be like a serene water body, adapting itself with time. You are like the air for us, me and Zyra and you are like the sky, clear and blue but I was worried that a sleaze bag like him could have your attention because I push you away. I care about you and I dint want ... I know our relationship is this way, I accept it but I cant see you sad or in trouble ... I want you safe and happy

Me: If you think I am all that then why do you hate me so much ?? Why are you mean to me ?? I have seen your care Vikram and I have seen a sense of honesty around whatever you do, I appreciate that but you got to tell me why do you trip so much that I feel like you dont like me??

Vikram: Diya, I ... its not that I dont like you .. its just that 

Me: What ??

Vikram: Diya, can we talk about this when we reach back please give me some time okay? I want to tell you but not in this situation, but you have to know its not hate that I have for you, it is something else. Could you give me some time?

Me: Okay after this trip?

Vikram: Yes, after this trip

Me: Pinky promise ?

Vikram: Pinky promise ? So, do you want to handle Yash or shall I ??

Me: Let me try but if it does not work out then I will let you know, what are you going to do ?? Get him beaten up with our guards.

Vikram: Well I have my ways and it is a secret

Vikram freaking winked at me 

Oh god !! He is so hot !!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All,

Hope you are doing well 

How did you like this chapter ?

Please vote and comment

Regards,

Indu