Chapter 3

You woke up st the same place you fell asleep yesterday. In an alley to be exact. It was noon, you could they'll that by the sun high above the sky. You sat up and leaned on the wall behind you. What was happening to you? A ghoul saved you? You were just a human. It was just confusing. Poor people who want to live are eaten everyday by ghouls, but you, who just did not care, are saved by one?

It was just useless to sit there and wait for nothing, so you wen't back home. You tried to cover your wound as much as you could, but you were still getting odd stares from people since half of your shirt was covered in blood. You were exhausted that even breathing was a bother. Somehow you forced your feet one in front of another that caused you to fall several times. But you didn't mind it. You were constantly thinking about what happened. You wanted to ask that ghoul why did he save you? But for now you just wanted to rest and get your mind off this thing.

The next day was Saturday. This is the first time you wished to go to school, since you've wanted to get your mind off this mess. But, you went out for a walk. You truly wanted to find him and to ask for the answer to the question that has been bugging you. You checked every alley, but nothing. Maybe he isn't here today. Maybe you weren't going to see him ever again. You knew it was for the best, so you headed back home. But just as you wanted to turn around, you received a punch that sent your body to meet a cold wall.

"You again? You are asking for trouble." A dark blue haired boy said. His face was covered by mask
"I was actually looking for you"
"Me?"
"Why did you save me?"
"Who said I saved you?"

He walked closer to me, and again, kneeled in front of me.

"You really are naïve." he whispered
"Don't lie to me, I could get eaten by that ghoul but you-"

His fingers shut your mouth

"Be quiet, there is a CCG member passing"

You were sitting like that for 30 more minutes, because the one from CCG was talking on his phone in front of an alley we were hidden in. It was actually nice being near him. He doesn't seem like a bad guy. Ok, maybe it is the way he looks like, but maybe he is a nice person.

Then he stood up and when he was about to leave, I pulled him by his sleeve.

"You didn't answer my question"
"Hey, don't talk to me like we are friends"
"I want to be a friend to you"
Even through his mask you could tell that he was frowning "why would somebody want to become a friend of a monster?"
"We are the same, we share the same pain of being alone" You stood up
"How on earth are we same? You are a human and I am a-"
"It doesn't matter to me, you are a good person"

He didn't say a word after that. He was standing speechless.

"Where can I find you?" You asked
"I don't know why am I doing this, but here tomorrow night."
"Your name?"
"Your name first" he interrupted
"(First name)"
"Ayato"

He just walked away, leaving you with a smile on your face.

-------------------

Thanks for reading! I hope you liked it, and if you did, leave a vote or comment! It means a lot 😀