Chapter 6

He disappeared. Great. Another person walked away from your life. But, you'll just forget it just like other friendships. You had a lot of friends, but after your brother died, you didn't want to talk to anyone. Sometimes,you accidentally say something mean to them, and after some time, they didn't want to hang out with you, or even say hello. You got used to the fact you have no friends. Even your best friend has left you recently. You learned how to forget them. You thought you will forget him too. But you were wrong. You were worried he might be dead, and as much as you wanted to get your mind off him, it ended up thinking about him even more. Weeks passed since you have seen him. You expected even more weeks to pass until you see him, but your eye caught a sight of him passing near the train station.

"Ayato! Ayato!" You ran towards him
He turned around and saw your face smiling and then gradually dropping that smile.
"I'm sorry, I thought you were someone else" turning around, totally dissapointed, you walked away.

Like he would show his face in public. How stupid of you. But you guess the wish to see him again has overtaken your mind.
Walking back home, you put your headphones on and played a song you usually played when you are walking back home. You smiled to yourself when you passed the alley you met him in. But suddenly, you felt someone tapping your shoulder. You turned around to see a dark tall figure with mask on. You fell on the ground screaming. You quickly put your headphones off and looked again at the person.

"You have some courage to say you are not afraid of death, but you cry as soon as someone taps your shoulder." He said
"Shut up, where have you been Ayato? I was worried." You said as you stood up, getting the dust off your clothes.
"Worried? Listen, if we were some friends, I would understand, but why would you be worried about me? I just came to see why you were looking for me, because I saw you at the train station."
"If we are not friends, and you don't care, why did you come here? You feel guilty for not letting me know you are alive?"
"I was here all the time." He said
"Really? You've just said you saw me at the train station."
"If you are going to question me, I'm leaving."
"Why didn't you come?" You asked
"Do you really think I'm stupid to be friend with a human?"
"Then why did you come the last time I asked you to?"
He turned around but you grabbed his arm and stopped him.
"I'm a ghoul and you are a human." He said
"So what? You think that is an obstacle? I can't even imagine how many ghoul friends I have had and I didn't Even know. Just because we eat different food, and you have your kagune, doesn't mean we can't be friends! I know you are a ghoul and I know-"
"You are crying" he said
"So WHAT?"
This time you turned around to leave but he stopped you.
"Wait" he said and you two just stood silent
"If you don't have anything to say, We are done."

-------------------

Hi there! Thank you for reading! If you liked it, vote and comment😊😉