Chapter 7

"Wait" he said
"If you don't have anything to say, we are done!"
"I'm sorry!" His sudden confession made you stop your tracks, but not enough to make you face him.
"I don't even... Know why... I wanted to see you again..." You said realizing that you didn't even know why you are getting upset now. You didn't even know how are you feeling right now.
"I am, I mean, I was injured and couldn't, well, I wasn't in a shape to meet you and I-"
"You were involved in that raid, weren't you" you interrupted, turning around, looking straight into his eyes.
"How do you know that?" His once calm voice turned into a very strict one, hinting a little anger in it.
"My father is in CCG, but that doesn't matter now"
"WHAT? Is this some kind of joke, are you telling me, that you are a daughter of a CCG member??"
"What is the problem with that? You think we might have a plan to capture you?"
"Smart girl aren't you?" He smiled sarcastically.
"And you are really stupid, you know? Do you seriously think that he would send me near a ghoul on his own will?"
"Well CCG is crazy enough to do such things, isn't it?"
"You really are dense..." You said shaking your head...
"Why do you keep following me?"
"I... Think we are alike..." You said looking to the side
"We are nothing alike" He bitterly chuckled, walking past you, running away.
"I think we actually are" you muttered under your breath, even you couldn't hear yourself clearly.

But louder and louder, you heard steps-better said stomps, and then a huge force grabbing you shoulder, turning you around, making you almost loose your balance. Thanks to Ayato, that didn't happen.

"You just don't get how happy you are, do you? I know about your brother, but I think I got worse. It is just your wounds that are still too fresh, making you think you are the saddest and the most miserable person in the world. Pull yourself together."

You started crying at the mention of your little brother.

"I was an early teen when I entered the group" he continued "and I have been seeing horrible things since then. And when I say horrible, I don't mean I see dead bodies every day. That is a routine. But we don't just throw them in alley and kill them. Here is an example: man and a woman are walking down the empty street. We have a mission to kill only the man. We can't wait for him to separate from her and then kill him. We have to do it immediately. So we just kill the man and leave the woman traumatized probably for whole her life. You know, witnessing the loss of someone dear to you is petrifying, but is not easy for us either, because we have been in that similar situation long ago, remembering the scenes in our head, and the live scene in front of us is not helping at all. We have witnessed CCG killing our dear ones, almost getting ourselves killed."
"Your point is?" You asked
"Have you been listening? I was-"

A hug.

You gave him a hug. Just wrapping your arms around his torso, locking them behind his back, not letting go. Your head hung low, eyes closed, still sobbing a little. Cold autumn wind brushing against you cheeks, adding more blush to them. realizing what you have done, you almost stepped away. But you still didn't want to let go. You did the right thing, hearing a part of his past, you realized how strong he is for not breaking down, and giving up.

"What the... What are you doing??" He still had you around his waist, his hands in the air, not knowing where to place them.
"What? It's a hug. Like you haven't been hugged before." You said quietly
"It I is not like that, just It was long time ago" he admitted.
"Thank you, for opening my eyes, and letting me see the present."
"It is okay to be sad, just don't let it ruin the present and the future that will come."
"Yea, thanks" you said pulling away. "See you next time, find me!" You said bye and walked away.
With his hand still awkwardly in the air, he waved good bye. Putting his hands back in his pockets, he walked away smiling to himself.

"Damn... I should have hugged her"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, so here is the chapter 7. Well there I absolutely no explanation why I haven't updated. Maybe because I stopped watching anime so often, actually haven't watched anything since May. I will finish this story but it will be a long journey. Anyway, I'm really sorry, and I hope you will be patient with me ^^! Thanks for reading and thank you for your votes and comments, it really means a lot!!!