epilogue

i am jumping as the crowd goes insane, cause billie's coming up on stage. i'm among at least other 30 thousand girls who would do anything to be in my position. i always knew she would be big, i just never imagined i could be doing this with her.

life is just... fucking... amazing. and insane, and unpredictable, and weird, and beautiful, and worth it in the end. which i didn't think it was, for a long long time.

i've spent the last year traveling the world with billie while she's on tour. i've never been more in love with anyone in my life and i'm living shit i wouldn't dream of living in my WILDEST dreams.

i got a lot better at understanding my darkness over time. my pain, my trauma, my vulnerable parts and my negative instincts. i've been working on it. as i came to learn, billie also struggles with so much of the same shit i struggle with. she's my support system and i'm hers- ride or die type of love.

we've danced in all the coolest clubs and swam in all the clearest lakes and got high off our minds in literally every corner of the earth.

the reyes, as a gang, don't exist anymore. but i did with my old home something i knew my father had in his heart. something that would make him proud.

me and diego turned the place into a community center, and as i'm studying fashion, he's studying to become a social worker. mami takes care of the community center, along with everyone else in our little chosen family. i still stop by to see them almost every week, sometimes more than once a week if my schedule (and billie's) allows.

sometimes when we're driving quietly at night, the way she likes to do, i admire the little crown tattoo on her arm and am taken back to the night we started to fall in love.

there's nothing i'm prouder of than having that crown on my body. our gang lives on forever, now as something even more powerful. my father's legacy. mi familia.