6.

r i l e y

I sat at my window until it slid open, Maya slipping inside.

"Yo." She greeted me.
Her hair was in a bun.

I rolled my eyes. "After years of no contact, you finally come back."

Her smile slips down. "Riley, I need to talk to you."

I crossed my arms, sarcastic smile plastered on. "I have time."

She sighed. "There's been rumors around the school about you two for over 2 years. They're still going on. They even named a thing about your disastrous relationship: The Rucas'."

I blinked. "The what?"

She chuckled coldly. "Yup; it means a couple that was seriously meant to be, ruined by the idiot of the couple. As in you."

I scoffed. "Is this the only reason? You came to scold me?" I rolled my eyes. "Come back next time, Goldilocks."

Her eyes flickered, showing anger, flickering back to normal. "Sweetie, I don't think you understand-"

"I do, Maya. Really." I said in my most sarcastic voice. "Lucas was supposed to be a boy who believed, and he didn't believe me. He cheated on me first."

Maya scoffed, rolled her eyes, and spit out the window. I winced. "That was three years ago."
She looked at me. "Even so, you cheated on him. End of story."

She looked at me and sighed. "This is why I stopped talking to you."

She went out the window, closed it, and walked away.

I sighed.

It was my fault.

I took out the dusty ripped tie I gave Lucas that day; I looked down.

"Sorry, Lucas."

I wish I could turn back time and pretend that day never even happened.

-
-
-
-
-
-
short ik...