Chapter 1: The Big Day

Deja's Pov:

Today was the day! I couldn't believe it was finally here. After participating in all of the dance challenges, completing the desired requests, and a long essay later, the day where I received the email of being the winner of the Ateez SweepStakes couldn't make me more excited for what was about to happen. My best friend told me about this competition where I would need to complete a series of tasks relating to Ateez in a chance to spend 1 1/2 months with the members themselves, in their secluded dorm, in complete privacy. No cameras, no manager, and no company crew following us all day. Just complete privacy where they can be themselves. This made me jump at the chance and I was utterly excited to try. I didn't think I was going to win since I knew the fanbase was huge itself, but once I saw the email, and my friend as my witness, you could say that my heart dropped and came back to life with the right amount of happiness. And the best part, it was going to lead into my birthday month!

I became an Atiny 1 year ago. That may be a short time, especially since they have been in the music industry for a longer time. However, I will jump at the chance when I hear music that sounds beautiful to my ears. Ever since I heard 'Hala Hala,' something made me feel nothing but high energy at the fast parts, yet reminiscent when it came to the slow ones. I already had a love for dance and usually, when I see a created performance, I'm able to get along quickly. However, the crazy thing about Ateez is that when I first saw them performing that song, it stumped me. There was so much movement that seemed to connect with every beat, and even then, I couldn't catch up. I was just in awe of how smooth and effortless they made it. It only made me fall in love with the group more. Now of course, whenever I get hooked, I get hooked to the point where I remember their names on the second or third day of knowing about them, try to find songs to my liking, and would repeat those songs until I got an understanding of the meaning and the dance steps. I would listen to their other songs, just to get a feel of their vibe and how they were as a group, and I could tell overall from the fan videos, edits, and interactions, they seem like great, professional, lovable, and affectionate people that I know I would need in my life.

I do feel bad that others have been in the fanbase longer than I have, yet, I was picked, even though I'm technically new. Once again, I didn't expect to win. However, someone once told me that I should be happy that I'm a part of a wonderful group of people that adore such an outstanding group. For this time, I'm going to push away all negative vibes and just try to remain calm around 8 celebrities who I will be sharing a building with. "Everything should be fine,....right?"

Me: "Oh my god, Ray! Do I have everything?!"

It was Sunday around 2 pm and Raven, my best friend, was here to help me pack and calm my nerves. Although, it may not be working since I'm the one that's constantly bothering her.

Raven: "Yes Dej, you do. You went over everything 3 times. I'm here to see it happen. You have the right amount of bags, the right amount of clothes, the health care stuff. You have everything! What are you freaking out about?"

Me: "I just want to make sure this goes smoothly. I don't want to look like a fool in front of the boys."

Raven: "Trust me, you are going to be fine. They are the ones who should be worried."

Me: "Why?"

Raven: "Because you are about to walk into their lives..."

Me: "Girl, what you mean by that?!?!?!?!" I said as I lightly jumped her, making us laugh.

Raven: "I meant it in a good way! I promise! All I'm saying is I'm sure no one will be able to take their eyes off of you. I mean, you're seriously attractive."