Chapter - 14

Oh the best laid plans . . . . . .

Let me know your thoughts!

****************************************************************

Serkan and Eda were sitting on the sofa later that night relaxing. They had gone to visit Erdem in the hospital earlier. He had been so focused on getting to the job site that when he caught the car coming out of his side vision he only thought of jumping. Luckily for Erdem that he did, it probably saved his life, it could have been far worse than his broken leg.

They saw the video but the driver was disguised too well to determine if it was a man or a woman driving. Of course the car had no plates. It was frustrating. Serkan's investigator said that Selin went home instead of staying at ArtLife and didn't leave. Eda wasn't so sure that he didn't miss her leaving on foot.

"Eda?"

"Hmmm."

"Tell me a favorite memory of ours that I haven't had yet." Serkan wanted to change the mood but he was also curious.

"There are so many. . . . . . .wait here." Eda got up and went upstairs, she came back holding the guitar pick that Serkan had given her on August 19th.

"My guitar pick? Why do you have this?"

"We came back from Antalya on August 18th, the following day you were out of the office."

"August 19th," the day he honored his brother.

"Fikret bey came in with a special request. Since you were out and Engin and Pyril were in a meeting he wanted to talk to me because we were engaged. He had five pages of things that a singer demanded be done to this house Fikret bey owned in order for her to sing at a private concert for his wife. One hundred and twenty-four points, those were her demands. It was his wife's favorite singer, she was important to his wife. They listened to her every night while she was fighting a serious illness. I couldn't turn him down. I told him up front I didn't think we could finish it but we would try."

"Eda, that's a ridiculous ask. Why didn't Engin or Pyril tell you no."

"They did, but Fikret bey was so sad. I said yes. And then you showed up in the office."

"I came in the office on August 19th? Me? I never come in. Why did I come in?"

"Why do you think Serkan?"

"Oh, because you were there? But we still hadn't admitted anything to each other by that point right? I'm assuming that I didn't admit to why I was there either?"

"No, we still hadn't talked about love and you certainly didn't admit to why you were there. When you found out what I had done you were so mad, you forbade anyone to help me. You told the whole office to not help and watch what happened when you behaved irrationally. Engin went against you and helped me, so did Erdem and Melo and a few others. Aydan anne helped me too. You couldn't help yourself from checking up so you had Leyla do it."

"So even back to the beginning people couldn't help but support you?"

Eda just lifted a shoulder, "What can I say Serkan, they wanted to try. The funny thing was the singer's manager had this dog. On top of everything else he asked if I could watch the dog like I was a pet sitter. It was so strange. Aydan anne actually watched the dog, that was how I found out about her not being able to leave, the dog tried to escape."

"He randomly asked you to watch his dog? That is very odd."

 "When I was in the office Selin came, she seemed angry that you were there. She was more hostile towards me after Antalya. Since everyone made such a big deal about you being there I tried to find out why but Engin said that only Selin knew. Silly me, I asked Selin about August 19th. She looked at me like I was a poor, stupid child to be pitied and said that only people who were special to you knew. If you hadn't told me than apparently I wasn't special enough to know," just thinking about Selin and her attitude made Eda angry. She was so hateful.