Chapter 9 🌶️ 😵‍💫

The rest of dinner was awkward. I filled myself up on their wine, probably a little too much for my own good, but universe knows that I need it right now.

I watched them eat and socialize like that little shit Rina said earlier never even happened and that we were all the best of friends.

So this is how the entitled act.

Don't pay attention to the things that happen if it doesn't have anything to do with them or doesn't benefit them in any way.

I have a hard time hiding my true feelings, I know that, but I can't help it. I'm just here sitting back, arms crossed and watching these arrogant mother fuckers eat their Michelin star rated meal. To be honest I'd rather have some halal food from the truck at Jackson Heights right now. I'd trade this for some of that deliciousness any day.

I know the issue isn't the food which I'm sure is mind blowing. it's definitely the company. Minus Hayes. Well kind of. He's a little shit and a coward for not having my back, but I get it. He's not trying to rock the boat but how is that excuse any better?

The anger in me stays at a simmer when Faye stands up. "Okay now that dinner's over, time for some fun."

What the fuck is this bitch talking about? Oh shit Sophie, yup you definitely had too much to drink. I look up at her just waiting for it.

She pushes her seat in and grabs her purse ready to leave. "Traditional celebratory dinner calls for some drinks and dancing after. So let's head to the club around the corner. There's a way to get there from inside so we don't have to deal with the cold."

Everyone stands and joins her and Hayes makes his way to my side. "You coming?"

His brother comes up behind me, grabs both my shoulders and says, "yes of course she is. She's our honorary guest. She's not allowed to back out." His breath on my neck makes me shiver and he takes advantage and places a kiss on my neck, looking to Hayes for a reaction before he starts to walk away.

Hayes stands there glaring at us, jaw tensing and fists tightening but does nothing. This whole thing between the brothers is a bit much. I am starting to feel like a chew toy for them both. I mean Alek's handsome and all, but something about him just gives off serial killer vibes for sure.

"Actually I was just about to—" Hayes stands in front of me, eyes piercing and blocking everyone else from view shaking his head ever so slightly at me. Fuck, don't make me go.

"I mean, of course. I would love to. I uhh, I just wanted to grab my purse upstairs."

"Make it quick, we'll be at the lobby waiting." Alek says as he joins the rest of the board at the elevators holding the doors open for Hayes.

"I'll catch the next one, I can't find my phone." Hayes shouts over.

"Hurry the fuck up!" Alek shouts with disdain from inside.

Once the doors close, Hayes grabs me by the waist, pulling me to him and I meet his gaze. His fingers toy with my thighs right at the edges of my dress and my skin prickles at the touch. "This dress is killing me, you know that right?" His face dips low to meet mine, our lips brushing and I struggle not to kiss him. I've been dying to, all day, but the anger hasn't left me.

I know after what he just saw, he wants to feel ownership over me, but I won't let him. Not right now. I lay my hands on his chest and take a step back. I want to kiss him I do, this is just a lot.

I shake my head at him and push the up button for the elevator. "I hate that you just let them do that shit to me."

He pushes the other button for it to go down and looks at me. "Stop playing, I pay attention Sophie, you don't own a purse. We're going down."