Chapter 10 🌶️

Ugh my head is swimming right now and I feel like I'm floating in a dream.

I try to twist into a different position but it's like there's no room. My dress is bunched up around my hips and I swivel to fix it, feeling hard muscle against my back and an arm draped over me holding me in place.

I move my hips again to try and break free, making my dress ride up even higher. A low moan comes from behind me and something hard rubs against my ass making my heart race. The arm over me moves lazily down to hold my breast and whoever's holding me grinds against me making me feel the length of him glide over my ass.

Oh shit. I'm getting worked up and groan at the movement. My senses go into overdrive and all the blood rushes down to my center, instantly heating me up. I'm not sure if I'm still dreaming, or what. I've had such intense dreams like this for the past few days, so I assume it is.

My dress collects at my waist as I rub my bare ass up and down the hardness behind me, chasing some kind of a release of the tension building and he stiffens up behind me. I hear a low growl and the arm on my breast moves down to my hips, holding me still.

Oh shit. This isn't a dream.

"Fuck" a strained whisper escapes him. "Trouble, be very careful about your next move. I'm trying really hard to be a gentleman here but once you start, I guarantee you we're gonna be here for the next couple of days working it out."

I shoot up to sitting and notice I'm laying on a ton of floor pillows with Hayes in a place I've never been in before. A king size bed sits in front of us and floor to ceiling windows showcasing the river and skyline is at our back.

"Wait, where the hell am I? Oh my god don't tell me we did shit and I don't even remember." I turn to face him and he's laying on his back, arms behind his head looking at me smug as fuck.

Why universe? Why does he look sexy as hell right now in his white tank and gray sweats?

I can't help but notice the large swell under them and he smirks when he sees me stare. I turn away from him quickly, "Shit. I didn't mean to look. And I'm sorry I did...that" and I blindly point my finger back at him.

"It's fine, I didn't mind it one bit actually." He laughs. "You were too scared to go home so I took you to my place. We're only a few floors up from yours. And no, we didn't do shit. You were trippin' last night, I wouldn't do that."

I slept in his apartment? Okay at least I'm not stuck here. I turn around and he's still in the same position so I turn back around, face flushing and he chuckles behind me. "What floor is that exactly and why aren't you in your bed?"

"Penthouse, and I gave you my bed and took the floor, but you came to me in the middle of the night so."

"Shit I'm sorry. Again." Of course he's in the fucking penthouse. Where else would his ass be Sophie? He tries to grab my hand to pull me back but I snatch it away from him before he can.

"What? No, I said it's fine. I haven't been able to sleep anywhere but here for the past couple of nights anyways." I've been having a hard time sleeping too. That's why I stayed in the dome the other night, so I understand.

"I get it. Well, thank you for taking care of me, you didn't have to do that. I was basically home already." I told him remembering my nightmare of a night. I don't need a knight in shining armor, I'm my own hero in this story.

"You really shouldn't have been alone and it's the least I can do after what happened last night. I should've done more, I'm the one who should be sorry."

"Facts actually." I tell him as I roll my eyes and cross my arms. Not like he can see me, but still.

"Oh is that right? And what are you doing? Come here you're being ridiculous." He pulls me down setting my leg over him and I lay my hand on his chest. "Really though, I'm sorry Sophie." He squeezes my shoulder.