Chapter 3

Buster was on the phone with Eddie, telling him about what was going on outside the theater. Once he hangs up, he turns to Miss Crawly and Jenna.

Buster: "This is it Miss Crawly! You and Jenna get your tails downstairs and throw those doors open wide!"

They do that. Meanwhile, the line continues to grow. Inside the theater, many animals at the front of the line wait to get on the stage. Buster's jaw drops at the sight.

Balto: "I think you nailed it this time, sir."

Auditions begin. We see three shrimp singing Crazy In Love by Beyoncé. A pig in a gold suit, named Gunter sings Bad Romance by Lady Gaga. Three frogs sing Jump by Van Halen, and the True Blue band sings their song Take Me Home.

While that was happening, Rosita was handing her 25 piglets their school backpacks. When she finished, she runs out of the house and heads for the theater.

Back at auditions, a sheep sings Kiss from a Rose by Seal, a group of cheerleading vixens, a quartet of elderly turtles sing I Love My Shirt by Donavan, and a bull named Richard sings Butterfly by Crazy Town.

Outside, a news reporting dog covers the action happening at the theater. He interviews a hippo.

Hippo: "Well Bob, I'm a lab technician for a leading pharmaceutical company, but I was born with a gift. And that gift is to sing!"

When he enters auditions, he sings Stout-Hearted Man by Shooby Taylor. But his gift of singing was not great. Next we see three bunnies singing Anaconda by Nicki Minaj while twerking. Lance and Ash audition with their song I Don't Wanna. Buster was impressed with how Ash performed. Afterwards, we see a llama trying to play guitar, but couldn't tune it correctly. Then we see parrots singing Lollipop by The Chordettes.

Meanwhile, Johnny tells his dad that he has to leave. He uses his skateboard to head for the Moon Theater. Meanwhile, Mike was being interviewed outside.

Mike: "Look, I'm sure you're gonna get a lot of namby-pamby animals in here saying things like "Oh it's not winning, it's to take the part that counts." Yeah yeah, not me, pal. I'm here to win. That prize, it's mine!"

The Chipmunks and Chipettes were standing behind him.

Alvin: "I think you're mistaken. It's our prize."

Mike: "Oh yeah? Says who?"

Alvin: "I did, now you watch us perform and we'll beat you to that money!"

Simon: "Alvin, stop."

Alvin and Mike begin arguing. Folks in the line pull them away from each other to stop it from escalating.

Inside the theater, an alligator sings The Humpty Dance by Digital Underground, a beaver sings 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton, a kangaroo holds her joey to the microphone and she sings The Safety Dance by Men Without Hats. A group of spiders sing The Ketchup Song by Las Ketchup. A camel named Pete does opera.

Carla sings What is Love by Janelle Monáe. A snail named Ray sings Ride Like the Wind. Pedro and Nico sing Fly Love. Roberto sings Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars. A giraffe named Daniel sings Ben by Michael Jackson. Then Johnny sings Stay With Me by Sam Smith.

Buster: "Wow! Thank you Johnny."

Balto: "Very impressive."

Johnny smiles, then walks off the stage

Miss Crawly: "Okay, next up, we have Meena."

Johnny (to Meena): "Good luck out there!"

Meena walks on stage and knocks the microphone down. She apologizes.