Chapter 8

Johnny was practicing on the piano. He hits the wrong key and pounds on all of them in frustration, then groans. Miss Crawly was in the same room.

Miss Crawly: "Yes, that was very bad."

Then a voice starts coming from Johnny's jacket, calling his name. It was his Dad trying to speak to him through the walkie-talkie. Johnny grabs his jacket and answers his Dad.

Later on, he's running downstairs and towards the exit. He told Buster that he needed to leave.

Buster: "What do you mean you gotta leave now?"

Johnny: "I know, I'm so sorry. It's just that I've got this family business thing.

Buster: "Do I need to start worrying about your commitment here, Johnny? Tell me no."

Johnny: "No. Absolutely not. I promise it won't happen again."

Buster: "It better not."

Johnny: "Thank you Mr. Moon."

Later that night, Ash entered her apartment with the True Blue band right behind her. The band was laughing as they entered. As soon as they walked inside, Ash heard music inside. She walks towards the living room and sees Lance singing with another female porcupine. She was in absolute shock at the sight. Just before Lance was about to kiss the other porcupine while they sing, Ash interrupted them.

Ash: "What's going on here?"

They stop singing and see the others standing across the room.

"Hi, I'm Becky."

Ash: "Becky?"

Darma (whispering): "Lance, what have you done?!"

Ash kicks them out. Lance says, "What do you expect, you're never around anymore."

Ash: "I did it for us, Lance! You and me!" She throws his guitar case at his feet and he trips.

Becky: "Oh sweetie, I'm sorry. I think I left my sunglasses in there."

Ash shuts the door on them and blocks it. She sits down in front of it as Lance tells Becky that they should leave.

Germur: "That was so messed up. Are you okay Ash?"

Bodi: "Guys, we should leave her alone." He motions his head towards the other room and Darma and Germur follow him, leaving Ash.

At the macaw residence, Carla exits her room and silently walks downstairs. She sees her family, plus Pedro and Nico talking about the show. Tiago notices her coming towards them.

Tiago: "There you are."

Bia: "It's been 2 weeks and 3 days since you last came to join us for family time."

Carla: "Mom, I thought about what you said to me last night. I want to try and sing to you guys."

Jewel: "That's my girl, let's hear it."

They go to the living room, where Pedro and Nico had a karaoke song set up. Blu clicked the play button. She began singing Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus. However she sang loud and in a very poor tone. After singing the first verse, she saw everyone looking at her differently.

Tiago was covering his ears. Pedro and Nico looked at each other wondering why she was singing like that. Jewel was saddened. Blu had a fake smile. Bia was shaking her head. Roberto stopped the music.

Roberto: "Um, you wanna try again?"

Carla: "No. I shouldn't have wasted your guys' time. I don't even know how Mr. Moon wanted me in."