022.

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

Once Michael had basically confirmed that Anna truly was Sally, things took a better turn. Anna was more confident with her new/old identity. She no longer snapped, wonder and argue whether or not she was Sallyanna Elizabeth Gray. But though she felt better about herself, she still had hard time confiding to Polly or call her mother.

Anna was no fool and knew Polly wanted her to call her that. She understood it but just couldn't bring herself to do it. Anna has never called anyone mother ― not to her recollection anyways. She has tried a few times when calling for Polly to see if she could call her mother or mum, but so far she's been unsuccessful.

"What are you doing here?"

Like a lightning, Anna jumped up from her chair and turned towards Isiah's familiar voice.

She hasn't seen him since he barged in that one day when Michael had just realized Anna was actually his sister.

"Polly's here," explained Anna. "She had some work to do."

"And you came here with her?" Asked Isiah, his brows furrow together.

"Well obviously," said Anna, her arms crossed over her chest.

Isiah smirked. He thought it was quite magnificent that when he had first met Anna, she was such a polite and well-behaved young woman. She was those things still but that little spark of Gray in her was pushing through the barriers of her forgotten past.

"Then it's good to see you. You are doing alright?"

Anna shrugged. "Yes, I'm doing fine."

She was doing fine though the sense of missing London and Imogen has grown significantly over the past week despite being more confident as Sallyanna Gray. She calls Imogen every other day to inform her that she was doing well and that being with Polly was what she needed and while she was convincing Imogen of this, she was also trying to convince herself.

"Good. I'm doing fine too, thank you for asking," said Isiah, a smile decorating the corner of his lips.

Anna stayed quiet and nodded. She didn't know what else to say to Isiah. They've spoken a few times before but not really after he helped Anna to find her family ― without her asking him to do that.

"I haven't seen Michael since I was at Polly's. Is he fine?" Isiah asked.

"He's okay. He... I guess he doesn't know how to feel about all this. I understand, I wouldn't either," shrugged Anna.

"Oh," said Isiah.

Anna sighed. "He thinks he let me down. He left with the Johnsons, leaving me behind. I don't blame him though but he thinks I should. I-I don't know really."