035.

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

Anna hasn't had too many friends in her life. There was a one girl back in Australia ― she didn't remember it until lately ― but otherwise she's been quite alone her whole life. But Elliot Brighton was her friend. Her confidant if you will. He was one of the first people she met in London and their friendship's been blossoming ever since. 

The Brightons lived just a couple streets down so Anna, Imogen and Isiah took a nice afternoon walk there. The day was bright which brought some positivity into Anna's dark and tired mind. Last night she had horrible nightmares ― one of her mother being hanged and the other one was of the faceless creature who was more like a mist of fog.

She didn't know why the creature has come back. It's been a long time since she's last seen it ― it disappeared somewhere around the same time when the truth of Anna's identity was brought to daylight. 

"So do I have to bow or something?" Isiah asked.

"They are not royals," chuckled Anna and turned to look at Isiah who clearly looked a little uncomfortable. 

She took a hold of his hand, the touch of his skin making her whole body shiver.

"It will be fine. I will just have a talk with Elliot's grandparents so they can help us," Anna explained. "I'm sure they can do something."

"The Brightons love Anna," Imogen said. "They would do anything for her."

Isiah frowned. "And they won't ask for anything in return?"

"Not everyone's like Thomas," muttered Anna.

Her hatred towards the man has not disappeared or decreased. If anything she hated him even more. If she would have some magical powers like the characters in the books she used to read in the nunnery, she would make him pay. 

Anna didn't like to think of herself as a vengeful person ― she has never wanted to hurt the people who'd hurt her in the past ― but she really didn't mind if something bad would happen to Thomas. 

"No one's like Thomas," said Isiah.

While he didn't loose a family like Anna did, he did loose his good friends and was worried about them. He was worried that Anna and Imogen's plan wasn't going to work and that Michael and the Shelby brothers will face the noose. 

The Brighton residence was waiting for them around the corner and when they turned the street, Isiah thought he was going to meet royalty. He knew Imogen was wealthy ― he has seen the wealth the woman possesses ― but he was almost catching his breath when he saw where the Brightons live.