042.

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

Anna watched her trunks been carried away by the footmen of Imogen's household. After a lot of thinking Anna had decided to go to Birmingham for a little while but not for good. She was going to return to London eventually ― not out of duty but because she wants to.

She looked around her room. It was her first own room ever. She could remember the first time Imogen had brought her there ― she had been so overwhelmed that she nearly slept in the hallway the first night. It wasn't difficult to think of that night or the day Imogen had brought her to London.

Everything had been so horribly different that Anna wonder would she ever fit in. For her and everyone's surprise she did and became the talk of the society. 

"Are you ready?" Imogen stood by the threshold with a soft smile gracing her lips. "The car is ready now."

Anna sighed and turned to look at Imogen with teary eyes and quivering bottom lip. 

"You know when I first met you, I never thought of you as a sentimental person. You were always so loud and stubborn. If you were angry or afraid you would just yell or give anyone around silent treatment. But you never really cried. The crying is a new thing Anna," Imogen explained her observations which brought a small smile on Anna's lips. "I think finding Polly unlocked something in you. I enjoy seeing you so whole."

It was Polly's doing yes, but not only hers. Imogen has played a big part in Anna's life and recovery from her past. Imogen saved Anna from starvation and death. She gave Anna her first home in years and treated her well with love and respect. 

"I hope you know it is not only Polly," said Anna, her hands clasped together and that small smile hiding beneath her. "I'm not sure if I have said this to you yet and if I have, I take this opportunity to repeat myself. Thank you."

"This isn't a goodbye but I need to thank you. For everything. If it wasn't for you..."

"Nonsense. You would had figured it all out without my help. I'm just glad that I was the one who found you. You have made my life much richer," Imogen sighed, her hand caressing Anna's cheek. "And I know this isn't the goodbyes but I'm glad you're taking time off to spend with your family."

Anna nodded. "You're my family too, you know."

"Oh I know darling," chuckled Imogen. "And you're mine. I love you Anna."

"I love you too."

The ride back to Birmingham felt heavy. Anna's mind kept running around, always finding back to London and Imogen. She wondered was she regretting her decision to leave London but there was no reason for her to regret it since she could always go back. London will always be there for her and so will Imogen. 

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐞 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐞𝐯𝐚𝐧 𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞 𝐈 𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐚𝐡 𝐣𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐬 🎉