023.

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

It was one of those rare moments where Polly was about to leave Anna home alone. Apparently Thomas had been beat up by someone and the whole family drove off to see him. Anna wanted to go too but the situation was too fragile, too dangerous and Polly didn't want Anna anywhere near violence ― oh if she only knew what Anna's life used to be like. 

Polly was anxiously waiting for the car to arrive as she was too upset to drive. She stood in the hallway and though she looked outside for the car, she kept glancing at Anna every two seconds. Anna was sitting in the drawing room with a book in her hands. It amazed Polly how calm Anna was and has been ever since the news of Thomas' attack. It couldn't be because Anna hasn't known Thomas for so long but due experience ― Polly wasn't sure how to feel about it.

"You are going to wear the floor off," said Anna, diverting her attention from her book and taking a look on Polly.

"How long does it take for one fucking car to arrive..." mumbled Polly.

"It's raining mad," Anna said and glanced outside to see the great grey weather of England. 

"I can't believe Tommy got himself into trouble again," sighed Polly.

The statement was strange to Anna ― she didn't understand how getting beat up by a mob of men could be Thomas' own fault. She knew that people can get hurt because of their own actions but it still was a little odd.

"What exactly happened to Thomas?" Asked Anna.

Polly hadn't noticed but Anna was no longer sitting on her chair. She was now in the hallway too just some steps away from her mother. She observed the craziness of her mother's and could see some similarities between the two. Worrying and pondering was something they both did occasionally. 

"I-it's none of your concerns sweetling," said Polly, looking outside for het car.

With a heavy sigh, Anna walked behind her mother and placed her hand on her shoulder like Polly does whenever Anna's upset or confused.

"Mum, calm down," said Anna.

Anna has called Polly mum more and more often now but still it was like music to Polly's ears. It was like traveling back in time to when everything was well and everyone was happy and together. When life was as it was suppose to.

Although Polly was worried of Thomas, that was true, but now she was also worried for her children. What if the people who beat up Thomas will come for her children? 

"I can't calm down Anna," sighed Polly, turning to look at Anna.

It amazed her, how the eyes that use to take almost half of Anna's face because they were big but her face still so small, were still the same. Her face and head has grown and matured but her eyes were exactly the same. It was horrible to think that she had seen Anna once or twice before the truth came out ― it was impossible for Polly to forget about Anna's eyes.